Ch. 19

Brock was finally able to finish with the fans, and he looked around for Marissa. Not seeing her there, but seeing her luggage where she was standing, made him panic. He began to call her cellphone, after taking her bag with his.

"Come on sweetheart, pick up!" He said quietly to himself, worried about her now. Just then, Shinsuke and Seth came from their flights.

"What's wrong, Brock?" Seth asked him, as he could see the worry on his friend's face.

"And why you have a purpre suitcase with you?" Shinsuke asked in his japanese tone. Brock hung up the call and brought Marissa's photo onto the screen.

"Either of you seen her? She's my girl, and we got separated..." He told them, showing both men the photo.

"We just got off the frights." Shinsuke replied.

"But we'll help you look for her," Seth said. "She can't have gone too far." And they left their bags and Marissa's in the lockers for now. Seth said he'd check the cafés, and Shinsuke said he would check the car parks. Brock went to the information desk and had her paged over the intercom. They announced her name and where she was to meet Brock twice, but there was no response. He thanked them for their time, and went to find the others.

Back at their hotel, Dominik had tied Marissa's hands and feet, and laid her on the single bed in the room, and then went out getting some supplies for them. Marissa slowly began to stir, and saw Damien just sitting there, sharpening a dagger that he had to protect himself with. This made her scared, and she began to wonder what he might do if he saw that she was awake. However, she wouldn't have to wait long to find out.

"Ah, so you're awake?" He said, standing up and walking over to her. "This isn't how I wanted to do this, but Dom's got it in his head that you made him look like the fool of Wwe." He said softly, and in a non-threatening way.

"Then why am I like this?!" Marissa exclaimed. Damien's eyes softened.

"This is Dom's way of payback and revenge at Brock." Damien explained. "You are a very beautiful woman, Marissa. I can see why Brock fell so quick for you." He put the dagger down on the room table.

"So what, you pretend to be nice, get me to feel bad for you, then you torture me more!?" Marissa cried.

"No, no. That's not it!" Damien replied. "I only bring that with me for my own protection. Dom doesn't even know I have it..." He continued. "Look, I wanna let you go..."

"There's a 'but' there, isn't there?" Marissa said. Damien nodded.

"Yeah... If he comes back and you're gone?" Damien began. "He turns on me..." Marissa's eyes turned sad for Damien. No way that Dominik could ever be that vengeful and vindictive. Could he? "Marissa, I like ya, doll... But Dom has got it in his head that you're not the friendliest person right now..."

"That's just because he took the time to insult and berate me for being as he put it? Brock's bitch?" She retorted, seeing Damien wince at those words.

"Yeah, he shouldn't have done that." Damien softly said, looking at the ropes that tied her hands. "I can maybe loosen the restraints on your hands, but not the feet... for now." Marissa nodded and understood. Damien cut the ropes with his dagger, and let Marissa sit up. She rubbed at her wrists, and looked towards Damien. He had put the dagger back into his bag, before Dominik came back. He then got the now cut ropes and threw them out.

"Thank you..." Marissa said softly.

"No probs. You hungry? Thirsty?" Damien asked her, getting some food and a drink from the bar fridge. Marissa nodded, and he broke some of the food in half so that he could share it with her. He then poured the drink into two glasses.

"Why are you being nice to me, now?" He heard her ask him, making him stop mid-bite. Damien chewed and swallowed the food, so that he could answer.

"I don't have the heart in this anymore, like Dom still does." He replied. "But he swings a couple thou my way, and I make it look like I'm a vengeful bastard. Yet really? I'm not, Marissa." He put his food down, and sat it in between them. "I don't see the need for vengeance and retaliation anymore."

"That's very noble of you, Damien." Marissa said, cupping his face with her hand. "Heck, if I wasn't Brock's girl? With that one explanation, I'd be yours." Then Damien did something that shocked her. He leaned down and kissed her. Marissa's eyes went wide, but she began to kiss him back. They broke as they heard the door click, and it swung open. Dominik had come back in a bad mood.

"Ah, so the slut's awake, is she?" He retorted. "Damien, Rhea needs you to go get these things for us. I said I would stay here and spend some time with Mami for a bit. That means she gets gagged and... Why are her hands free!?"

"Y'can't starve the poor kid, Dom. I gave her some food as a sign of good faith." Damien said, winking out of his sight at Marissa, to say everything would be okay.

"Fine, fine! Just help me retie her hands and gag the slut." Dominik answered him. As they did, Damien whispered in Marissa's ear low enough that Dominik couldn't hear.

"It'll be okay, I'll send Brock an anonymous message." He told her, and then felt Dominik pick her up and put Marissa in the walk in cupboard, sitting on the floor.

"Don't you DARE get any ideas, girl." Dominik warned her. "Or I'll use what ever I can to make you regret it." And he closed the door, leaving Marissa sitting on the cupboard floor in the dark. "Damien, here's the list." Damien nodded, getting another couple of thousand dollars from him. He left and vowed to himself that should Dominik hurt her, he would be the one to regret it.