Ch. 8

In the morning, Mark woke up ahead of Nessa and got their bags ready. They shared the night together again, and Mark made her cry out his name quite a lot. That morning, he was going to treat her to a breakfast fit for a queen. He wrote down to room service after Nessa fell asleep, and put the order in for the morning to be delivered at least an hour and a half before they needed to check out for their flight. The knock at the door came, and he went to open it. The room service attendant brought the tray in for him, and placed it on the table. Brock tipped him, and he left. Nessa hearing the knock at the door, began to stir from her sleep, and made her way over to Mark.

"Mornin' beautiful." Mark said to her as they embraced, and he leaned down to kiss her. "I got breakfast fer yer. There's waffles, pancakes, juice, as well as bacon, eggs, both scrambled and poached..." He continued, listing everything he'd ordered.

"Everything sounds great, Mark darling." Nessa replied. "But as long as you have some too." He nodded, and they sat down to eat. Mark talked about the plans for them today, and Nessa listened intently. She agreed and they made the plans for her to join him for a week, at his mansion ranch. Back at his hotel, Brock and Marissa were making their own plans.

"I was thinking baby girl, that we have a shopping spree, just for you." He told her.
"Brock, now that really is spoiling me..."She began.

"And totally worth it." He said to her. "I want to show you just how beautiful you are, sweetheart." Marissa nodded, and said that she would let him get her a few things, but not to spoil her too much. Brock said he couldn't promise anything. So they made a plan to do it all when they got back to Minnesota. They got their bags together, and left for the airport. Their uber driver dropped them off at the gate they needed, and Brock took his bags and Marissa's, and checked them in. Once again, he upgraded her ticket to business class with him, and she sat next to him on the plane. Within a few hours, they got back to Minnesota and left the airport. He drove them to her apartment first, and she repacked for at least a few weeks. Then they drove to Brock's home, and settled there for the day. Brock gave her a tour of his home, and she marvelled in the wondrous expansive mansion.

 Brock gave her a tour of his home, and she marvelled in the wondrous expansive mansion

"This really is a beautiful place, Brock." Marissa said to him.

"Baby, you haven't seen anything yet." Brock replied. He showed her the back yard, complete with a sauna room, Jacuzzi, and barbeque area.

He said that they could rest that night, and that they would do the shopping trip in the morning, when they wake up

He said that they could rest that night, and that they would do the shopping trip in the morning, when they wake up. The next morning, they got up, and Brock cooked her a big breakfast, complete with maple bacon, eggs, breakfast sausages, tomatoes, and juice, as well as coffee for him. They then got in his Chevrolet Suburban, and went out for the day.

He bought her a new luggage bag from Louis Vuitton, and a Vanity bag with it

He bought her a new luggage bag from Louis Vuitton, and a Vanity bag with it. He then treated her to jewellery, from not only the same as the luggage, but also from Tiffany's. A stunning Pearl necklace, and earrings. Brock then bought her two new pairs of boots, and a set of flat shoes, as well as a new formal dress for very special occasions.

At the end of their shopping, Brock had spent just under twenty thousand on her, making her protest several times, but he just brushed her off, saying that she was worth every dollar

At the end of their shopping, Brock had spent just under twenty thousand on her, making her protest several times, but he just brushed her off, saying that she was worth every dollar. Just as they were about to leave, her ex boss came around the corner of the shopping mall.

"So, Miss Saotome?" Drew said, as he looked her up and down again. "Still thinking about how you should have kept your job? Surely you couldn't have afforded all those nice things that you and your friend have there..." Brock looked like he was going to lose his cool with this jerk.

"With all due respect Mr McIntyre..." Marissa started to answer him.

"I think you might have been better keeping to your job, and keeping the six digit salary..." Drew went on. But Brock began to get very irate, listening to her ex boss berate and belittle her in front of him.

"I think this conversation is over." Brock growled at him, and began to lead Marissa away from him, before he turned around and swung at him.

"Getting your bodyguard to fight your battles now, whore?" Drew called to them as they walked away. But that was when Brock lost it. He told Marissa to stay there, and Brock turned and slammed him across his head. Drew went down hard, as security came up to them. Brock explained the situation, and that he was defending his girlfriend. They understood, and had Drew taken into custody. Brock then turned back to Marissa and he took them back to his home, before they got organised for dinner.

Back with Nessa and Mark, he was showing her the stables and the horses he had on his ranch.

"I still have Pestilence and Storm, but I lost Lillith last summer." He finished solemnly. "But I do have her last foal." Nessa looked into the stall and saw the most beautiful cream colored six month old foal laying down on the hay. He got up, and wandered over to the stall door, as Mark got a sugar cube from the shelf for him.

"Aww, what a sweetie!" She cooed. "What's her name?"

"His name," Mark began. "Is Thunder. After his dad being Lightning. He joined Lillith in the big paddock in the sky." He said, again becoming sad. Nessa just put her hand on his arm and comforted him as best she could. Mark suggested a ride with Storm and Pestilence, as he needed to give them exercise. Nessa said that she would like that. Storm began becoming slightly agitated, but Mark quietened him down, saying that Nessa was going to be with Pestilence. Storm had always been a bit skittish around new people, and preferred Mark anyways. Pestilence was cool with anyone, as long as Mark was there with them. After a while of riding however, it turned dark, and Mark took everyone back to the stables. He got all of his horses fed, watered, and whatever else they needed for their night-time routine, before turning in and heading into the house with Nessa. They organised a barbeque dinner, and a night under the stars, as they sat and talked well into the night.