Ch.18

Hollywood was beckoning, and Brock was looking forward to it. He could tell that Marissa was excited as well, as she could not stop talking about the trip and what they planned to do with their free time.

"Alright, kiddo! Settle down, or I'll get Brock to slam your ass!" Jon told her. But Brock just chuckled.

"She enjoys that too much, buddy." He answered. "Come on sweetheart, time to get the flight." And Jon saw them to the door, as their cab pulled into his driveway.

"Safe travels you two!" He called from the door. "Call me when you get there so I know you're both safe!"

"Yes dad, we won't!" Marissa teased, making Brock smack her rear.

"In the cab little girl!" He said, laughing at her antics, as she stuck her tongue out at Jon. Soon, they were on the way to the airport, and getting their flight. Once at the Fort Lauderdale airport, they got another cab to the hotel that Brock had been assigned to. He found their room number, and they got settled in. Brock was about to call Jon and let them know they got there safely, when there was a knock at the door. It seemed as they had been spotted in the lobby. Marissa opened the door, and there stood Mark and Nessa. Like hell they were going to miss the shows, even if they did attend as part of the audience. Nessa and Marissa caught up, with Nessa showing her the ring that Mark had gotten her. Marissa congratulated them on the engagement, and Mark lightly dug at Brock's hips, questioning him as to when he would take that step as well. Brock just brushed him off however, and turned back to the ladies.

"Oh Brock honey, I can't wait to explore!" Marissa squealed.

"We'll explore soon enough, baby-girl." He replied and hugged her, kissing her forehead. "I think we all need lunch first." And everyone went to the hotel restaurant for lunch, courtesy of the men. They bumped into some of the other members of the roster, and everyone caught up after quite the long pause between shows for some of the wrestlers. Jimmy and Jey were quite the guard men, being on the look out for trouble at every corner. And Miz was rehearsing his lines and jokes for the shows. Omos walked past Brock with a bad look about him, and Marissa clung to Brock in fear. But he assured her that he wouldn't let anyone hurt her today or the next day, while they were there. Everyone soon went to the arena for the pre-show workouts, and rehearsals. Marissa stayed with Brock, and he kept her safe, as he promised he would. Mark and Nessa went to look around the arena, marvelling in how much effort and set up had been done in such short time. Jimmy and Jey were pacing around, looking for Sami and Kevin to start anything on them before the show. Omos and MVP were talking in the catering area, and some of the female wrestlers were organising their hair and makeup sessions.

The night of the show soon arrived, and Mark, Nessa, and Marissa all had front row seats next to the barricades, looking directly at the ring. The matches were brutal in some cases. Rhea Ripley defeating Charlotte Flair for the women's title belt, Rey Mysterio taught his son Dominik a lesson to never forget, and Gunther annihilating both Drew and Sheamus to retain the Intercontinental Championship. Austin Theory cheated in his match against john Cena for the win, and Seth Rollins showing some gutsy sass against Logan Paul. But the highlight of the two days for Marissa, was the match Brock had against Omos. Brock fought as hard as he could, despite the size differences. Omos was good, but Brock was better, picking up the win against him. Everyone celebrated their wins, before returning home. Mark and Nessa said they would keep in touch, as Nessa was going to be moving in with Mark, and helping him on the ranch. Brock wanted to talk with Mark for a moment, so they stepped off to the side so that they could talk.

"I'm thinking of making my next move with 'Rissi." Brock said, and showed Mark what he'd had in mind. "I think she really is it for me."

"But yer nervous as hell..." Mark asked, to which Brock nodded. "If she's anything like her friend? Marissa'll definitely say yes. Confidence, buddy." And they went to catch their flight. Brock and Marissa went to wait for their flight, but Brock wanted to get something to put his plans into motion now. He found a row of seats for Marissa to sit and wait for him, and made sure that she was alright. Brock then went and did some 'shopping around' for the right ring for Marissa. After finding it, and paying twenty six thousand, three hundred and eighty nine dollars for it, he took the ring box with the ring in it, and tucked it into his carry-on bag. Brock then went and re-joined Marissa at the seats until their flight was announced, and he texted Jon to say he needed a special dinner plan for all three of them. Jon texted back and said that he'd be more than happy to help out, and that he'd make the necessary reservations. Dinner would be on him as a celebration for them, and they agreed on everything, Soon, the flight was called and Brock and Marissa went to find their seats.

The flight was a smooth one, but they got a shock when they got back to the airport. Fans were surrounding the gate where the flight had not long landed, and unknown to Marissa and Brock, but Dominik had followed them. He would deal with Marissa once and for all. As the fans swarmed Brock, Marissa stood off to the side, as he signed autographs, and took photos with the people who asked. That's when Dominik struck. He grabbed her from behind with a chloroform cloth over Marissa's face, and held it until she collapsed back to him. He then picked her up and got away from Brock before he realized what had happened. Dominik got her out to the van that he and Damien had hired and they took her back to a hotel they had booked. They would make her submit to them, and finally choose to be their girl.

A/N : I know this is a short chapter, and the updates are slow... But I assure you that it will progress in the next few weeks... I am kinda working on four (4) stories at the same time now, and I kinda have a small-ish weekend trip to take soon. But I promise to keep up with the updates, as much as I can. Bear with me, guys 'n' gals. Much love to y'all!!