»]|I{• 𝑺𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑨𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 •}I|[«

You lay down on your bed, staring at the ceiling as thoughts flooded through your head. They were mostly of the ruin scouts, but every now and then Tighnari's worried expression would flash through your mind. The urgency in his voice as he asked to get to safety even though he was struggling....you didn't think you'd ever be able to forget that.

It was obvious that you couldn't sleep, so you sat up, sighing. Your gaze fell to the thick book by your bedside table.

The Avidya Forest Survival Guide

You absentmindedly grabbed it and perused through its pages, trying to find any information on Withering zones. You stopped as you flipped through a section that caught your eye.

Plants to cure wounds inflicted on the human body

Your eyes lit up at the sight of it as ideas began forming in your head. You quickly scanned the list of herbs until one caught your eye.

Crushed nilotpala lotus

"I've heard of that before!" You exclaimed, rolling off your bed and rummaging through your bag. "I'll put some of those into a healing potion I snuck in from Spantamad..." you murmured, wracking your brain to figure out where the hell you had seen crushed nilotpala lotus before.

You were immediately taken back to the morning you woke up in Gandharva Ville the night after you were saved. You recalled seeing multiple bottles full of various powders in the room, one of them labeled as 'crushed nilotpala lotus'

"Which room was that....oh wait-" you looked up, remembering which room it was. None other than the same fluffy-eared man who had saved you.

You started to fret immediately. Maybe if you rushed over there, you could ask him while he was still awake. Without wasting another moment, you grabbed your things and made your way over to Tighnari's room. You hadn't realized how late it had gotten, and the moon shone grandly in the middle of the sky when you stepped out.

'Gotta make it quick' you thought, trying to recall where his room was. There were only a few people still around, most of them were rangers who were on guard, trying not to fall asleep at their posts.

All of the huts looked the same until you came across one with the door open. You slowly peeped inside and saw Tighnari's silhouette resting on the bed. The lights were off, so you assumed he was sleeping.

Disappointment flooded you at once. You would just have to wait until tomorrow morning. You were about to leave when something caught your eye - the familiar glass bottle with a dull yellow powder in it. It sat squarely in the middle of Tighanri's desk, illuminated by the moonlight

"Wait a minute..." you murmured, squinting. And just as you had thought, you were able to make out the words 'Crushed Nilotpala Lotus' on the label. It was so tantalizingly close, you figured you could get it within just a few seconds. All you had to do....was walk just a few steps forward...and...

"No," you stopped yourself, knowing that it was wrong to sneak into his room without permission.

But it's right thERE

You gave up on trying to restrain yourself and slowly tip-toed into the room.

Just a few more steps...

You reached out and grabbed the bottle before quickly shoving it into your bag. You peeked over at Tighnari, and he was still resting peacefully. You sighed in relief before quickly covering your mouth with your hands.

Shit

You looked back over to Tighnari and saw him shuffling under his sheets. You groaned internally while walking over to the side of his bed, fully prepared to get on your knees to apologize. If your professor had heard that you snuck into Tighnari's room....you shuddered at the thought of what he'd do.

As you neared Tighnari's bed, anxiety gripped your heart and you silently prayed that he was still asleep. Once you saw that his eyes were still shut, you celebrated to yourself.

Thank the archons...

You watched him sleep peacefully and caught yourself admiring the serenity on his face. 

Your brow furrowed at the sight of an injury just above his eyebrow, and you felt guilty - he probably got it while trying to protect you

Your brow furrowed at the sight of an injury just above his eyebrow, and you felt guilty - he probably got it while trying to protect you. Your attention flew to his ears as you noticed one of them twitch slightly as a breeze blew into the room.

They looked so soft, so fluffy. Just one pet...just one...

You quickly pulled your arm back, scolding yourself for even thinking about doing such a thing. You weren't a creep so why were you acting like one?? You decided to leave before Tighnari woke up and quietly tiptoed out of the room, making sure to close the door this time so he wouldn't get cold.

Unbeknownst to you, Tiighnari had never been asleep in the first place. As soon as the door shut behind you, he sat up in his bed at once. His gaze fell to the place you had been standing at just moments before, right beside his bed.

He had heard your footsteps approaching long before you entered his room, he had his ears to thank for that. But what he didn't know was why he had let you sneak into his room late at night. He didn't know why he had let you stand so close beside him, surveying the injury on his face with evident worry in your eyes. And he couldn't explain why he had almost let you touch his ears - a privilege only the people close to him got. You were someone he had met only days ago.

So why didn't he stop you...?

"Hmm...."

- x - 

SKJDSKJ SRY FOR NOT POSTING I HAD A POWER OUTAGE T-T

I'll post two ch today to make up for it <33 (ALSO I DID THE WINDBLUME QUEST TODAY AND OMG I LITERALLY LIVE FOR CYNONARIS BICKERING AKJDASKJD)

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to leave a vote! :D

Art Credits: 

https://www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/726557352439675724/

https://www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/726557352440039714/