»]|I{• 𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 •}I|[«

You were slowly dying at the mercy of nature, all alone, forced to accept your own demise as you sunk lower and lower into the earth.

Is this how it all ends......

"Y/N!"

You turned at the speed of life to see a familiar set of ears in the distance.

"TIGHNARI HELP I'M GONNA DIE" you yelled, almost bursting into tears out of relief. You waved your arms in the air frantically before quickly regretting it as you sunk even further into the ground.

Tighnari ran over to you with worry written on his face.

A tear snuck out of your eye and rolled down your cheek, quickly followed by another as you looked up at Tighnari. You were now waist-deep in the sand.

"I'm gonna die it's all over for me now whatdoido" a stream of jumbled, panicked words spilled from your lips.

"You're not going to die, I won't let you," Tighnari said, trying to reassure you, but you could see the growing distress in his eyes.

He slowly walked around you, examining the sand from different angles.

"There's no use, I can't get out now..." you mumbled listlessly, having given up all hope. "Just tell my mom I'll miss her...and my professor...tell him I'm sorry.....and-"

You stopped, bewildered at the sight of Tighnari stepping into the quicksand beside you. Your eyes practically popped out of your sockets and your jaw dropped.

"Are you crazy?!" you yelled, trying to push him away from the sand. "Are you trying to die with me??"

He gently took your frantic hands and held them in his as he looked you in the eye.

You tried to say something but were left speechless at how calm he looked after stepping into fricking quicksand.

"This is going to sound absurd, but we have to let ourselves sink in," he said, completely serious.

"W h a t the d u c k"

"I told you it's gonna sound absurd," he sighed, before looking you in the eye again. "You'll just have to trust me,"

"I mean...it's not like I have a choice here do I," you murmured, feeling somewhat calmer around Tighnari's presence.

"Oh, you're being sarcastic now? Haha, looks like I helped," he laughed.

You were slowly being dragged to your death yet you still found yourself flustered at his comment.

The sand was up to both of your necks now, and you looked at Tighnari one last time.

"If I die then I'm gonna kill you,"

A smile escaped his lips and that was the last thing you saw before your head was completely pulled under the sand.

Sand encapsulated your body and you couldn't breathe. Your lungs felt like they were being crushed by the sheer pressure and you felt like you were going to pass out.

You felt yourself slipping into unconsciousness......until you felt yourself falling through the air. You flailed your arms as you fell freely through the air and landed on the rocky ground with a loud THUMP.

You felt the wind being knocked out of your lungs on impact. You immediately opened your eyes and sat up, coughing sand out of your throat. You gasped and relief flooded your body as you realized you WEREN'T DEAD. Sweet precious air filled your lungs once more and you took a moment to recover before looking around you.