»]|I{• 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕 •}I|[«

You awoke to a gentle voice calling your name and felt someone shaking your shoulders. Your eyes slowly opened and you looked up to see Tighnari looking down at you, trying to wake you up.

"What a pretty sight..." you mumbled, still half awake. Upon hearing this, Tighanri's expression shifted to one of confusion and you immediately realized what you had just said. You quickly scrambled away from him and regretted the words that you spoke in the delirium of being half-asleep.

"I just had a really nice dream with...lots of flowers...and things....that's why I said that!" you blabbered trying to find any excuse you could. Tighnari merely chuckled in response and held out his hand to help you up.

You took it and stood up, dusting yourself off in the process.

"Sorry for waking you up," he said. "I just wanted to find a way out of the tunnels as early as possible. Especially since you got hurt yesterday..." he trailed off as his eyes fell on the cut on your face.

"Ah this is nothing don't worry about it," you reassured him quickly. "I also want to get out of these hellhole tunnels asap,"

.

.

.

You and Tighnari had been walking for a while, and while you felt well-rested.... your stomach was the opposite. You visibly cringed as you heard the most inhuman growl escape your stomach.

"Get back!" Tighnari yelled, quickly pulling you behind him and surveying the area. "I didn't think there would be any monsters during the day....watch out," he warned.

You embarrassedly stepped out from behind him, fidgeting with your sleeve as you explained what really happened. "That was my stomach......arghskj I'm so sorry," you apologized, hanging your head in shame. (yes arghskj is a word in this fic)

Tighnari's laughter rang loud and clear through the tunnels and you only shrank even lower, wishing the ground would swallow you whole. You looked up in surprise as you felt his hand gently patting your head while he smiled at you warmly.

"I'll make you pita pockets as soon as we get back, okay?" he offered. You were taken aback and felt your cheeks becoming warm as you nodded and stepped away.

Why is my stomach like this

You internally cursed your stomach out as you picked up the pace and quickly walked ahead of Tighnari. As you sped ahead, you noticed a faint sunbeam spilling through the wall onto the floor from a distance away.

You stopped and squinted to make sure you weren't hallucinating....and you weren't. There was a small opening at the very end of the tunnel and you could see the end of it!

"Tighnari there's a way out look look!" you excitedly pointed towards the light and ran towards it after getting his attention.

Istg if it's another fire-breathing bird then we're eating chicken for lunch

As you neared the light, relief flooded you as you realized it was in fact an exit from the underground tunnels. You ran outside without wasting another second and almost cried at finally seeing the blue sky.

You were finally out of the suffocating dark tunnels and you had never been more grateful for fresh air. The sun felt amazing on your face and you didn't even care about the heat. You were just so glad to be out.

"State your business or face my judgment,"

A low, stern voice came from the distance and you looked up confused, to see the outline of a figure approaching you. Amidst the blowing sand, you could see a pair of striking red eyes and what looked like the head of a jackal.

"What the-"

Before you could breathe another word, the figure leaped toward you with incredible speed and your eyes widened as you felt a sharp blade of a spear pointing at your neck.

Weren't they literally just all the way over there??

"State your name and business in the desert," he repeated, and you could finally see who this mysterious stranger was.

His gaze was full of ferocity and you could feel the strength of his power merely from the way he carried himself. A large black hat with two ears similar to Tighnari's rested atop his white hair.

"I got lost in the desert and I don't know where I am!" you quickly replied

"You got lost?" He asked, eyeing you with growing suspicion.

You nodded vigorously, pleading innocence. "Please don't hurt me I don't want to fight anybody I swear," you said, gulping as you felt his spear graze the skin on your neck.

"Cyno!"

You heard Tighnari's voice from behind you and noticed the white-haired man's gaze immediately soften as he looked up to see Tighnari running toward the two of you.

"Tighnari...?" the man asked.

"She's with me, Cyno," Tighnari said after catching up. You sighed in relief as the man named Cyno slowly lowered his spear from your neck and you immediately stepped toward Tighnari, hiding behind him.

"What are you doing in the desert?" Cyno asked, confusedly taking in Tighnari's messy appearance. "Did you get attacked??"

"It's a long story...to sum it up we were trapped in the underground tunnels," he explained. "This is Y/N, a student from the Akademiya."

You gave Cyno a small wave and he responded with a curt nod in acknowledgment. "I apologize, Y/N."

"Ahahaha no it's fine," you answered, too intimidated by him to say anything else.

"Do you think you can take us back to Gandharva Ville?" Tighnari asked.

"Of course, I don't see why not,"

Thank the archons for this Cyno guy.

As the three of you walked back to Gandharva Ville, you noticed Cyno and Tighnari chatting away the whole time about various things. Animals, the Akademiya, TCG, etc.

You had never felt like such a third wheel in your life. 

- x - 

(oop guys guess this a cynonari fic now-) 

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to leave a vote! :D

https://www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/356699232999622579/