»]|I{• 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅 •}I|[«

Just as soon as you realized what it was, you watched as the small "glob" grew into a large, fiery glowing red bird that spread its wings before letting out a loud screech. You didn't even have a second to react before it immediately lunged at you.

"Watch out!!" you heard Tignari's voice one second, and you were shoved aside onto the ground in the next. You quickly got up and scrambled away, looking in horror at the smoldering ground that would have been you......

You looked up to see the bird open its beak before breathing so much fire from its throat that it scorched the top of the tunnel. The bird turned directly towards you and launched itself into the air.

"Oh what the hELL-" you yelped, managing to barely lunge out of the way as the bird pounced on the ground you had been sprawled across just moments ago. It started walking toward you once more, and you could practically feel the heat from its feathers burning your skin.

Before it could bring its beak down onto your head, you jumped out of the way. Tighnari threw a ball full of dendro particles immediately after that exploded when it came into contact with the bird's head. It turned around in confusion, temporarily blinded by dendro. You didn't waste a second and took this opportunity to let out a shout toward Tighnari.

The two of you made brief eye contact, and there was a spark of understanding that passed through the two of you - just like it had the other day.

Without another word, Tighnari leaped up and threw his bow across the air, straight over the bird's head. You reached up and caught it just before it touched the ground. Barely wasting even a second, you quickly pulled back the arrow and took a deep breath before aiming right between the bird's eyes.

The effect of dendro had worn off, and the pyro bird turned and started charging towards you.

One chance...can't mess this up. Here goes nothing

Your brow furrowed in concentration and just as the bird was about to jump onto you, you fired and the arrow flew straight through the air.........and right into the middle of the bird's head.

You quickly lunged out of the way and turned to see the bird stagger a few times before eventually collapsing onto the ground, defeated.

There was a moment of tense silence and you broke it with an obnoxious sigh of relief, collapsing to the ground.

Tighnari ran over to you and you noticed your hands still shaking as you gave his bow back to him. He set it aside before leaning down and checking your hands and face for signs of injury.

"Oh...," he mumbled something under his breath as he examined your cheek, gently tilting your face up to get a better view. "There's a scratch..."

Once again, Tighnari's words were drowned out and you found yourself only focusing on the limited distance between your face and his.

"And your face is still warm," he murmured, oblivious to the real reason why your face was warm in the first place.

"It's nothing, just the heat from the whole...burning firebird..." you trailed off, moving away from Tighnari before your heartbeat out of your chest.

"Also why the hell are there burning firebirds underground? You told me about electro scorpions, it wouldn't have hurt to throw in a warning about crazy pyro birds that try to kill you, just saying," you remarked, hoping that the sarcasm would distract Tighnari from your flustered face.

The chuckle that escaped his lips did nothing to calm your heart. "You're the only one who can bounce back to being sarcastic this quickly after almost dying," he laughed, sitting back and leaning against the tunnel wall beside you.