»]|I{• 𝑹𝒆𝒅𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑭𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 •}I|[«

"Sir are we going to the desert today??" the same girl from before asked Tighnari, with excitement in her eyes.

The

deSERT???

You looked up at Tighnari, praying that he would tell the girl she was being delusional.

He chuckled before nodding. "That's right. Today we will venture into the desert to examine the fascinating Redcrest flowers that only grow on cacti."

The students started whispering eagerly, some of them even high-fived each other. Meanwhile, you were trying your best to not yell out loud. You banged your head against your textbook for a good five seconds, praying this was all a bad dream and you'd wake up from it any second now.

You didn't exactly have the best feelings about the desert. You had gone there once, with a few friends from Spantamad to find materials to experiment with, but had gotten lost in one of the many underground tunnels after your curiosity got the best of you. The 8 hours you had spent shouting for help while trying not to lose your sanity was something you'd never forget.

"Is everything alright Y/N?" Collei asked, pulling you aside after noticing the worry in your eyes. "You look a bit anxious,"

You quickly regain your composure, convincing yourself that you were being silly. There was no way they'd go into the underground tunnels...right...?

"No, sorry I'm just a bit tired that's all," you replied, putting on the most convincing smile you could muster.

"Haha yea, today's class is a bit early, isn't it?" she smiled. "Come on, let's go!" she exclaimed, grabbing your arm and pulling you along to catch up with the rest of the group. You reluctantly followed, wondering if you slammed your head against your textbook enough, maybe you'd pass out and get to go home. (me in math class be like)

As you all neared Caravan Ribbat, you could feel the significant increase in temperature. You guys had been walking for about an hour now and you were already exhausted. Sweat began forming along your forehead and you could literally see the heat in the air.

"Alright guys, we're almost there, just a few more steps!" Collei said, followed by eager shouts from the students.

"Look, look it's a vulture!!" a few students excitedly pointed up at the sky and continued to be engaged by the desert environment behind them. As you took your first steps into the desert, however, you were trying your best to not melt into the ground.

"Alright class, let's take a small break here," Tighnari said, stopping and turning around.

You didn't have to be told twice, and you plopped onto the ground without a second of hesitation.

"How many of you know about the Redcrest flower?" he asked, looking at the students. A wave of hands immediately shot into the air. Your hand was absolutely not one of them.

Tighanri nodded toward one of the students at the front, motioning for him to go ahead.

"The Redcrest, also known as the Henna Berry, is a vibrant crimson fruit that grows even in the most hostile desert environments," the student said as if he was reciting it from a textbook. Who were you kidding, he had probably memorized that in the womb.

"Very good," Tighnari said, nodding in approval. At this, you felt a small prick of jealousy and the urge to prove that you also knew stuff. It wasn't stuff about the Amurta darshan, but you still knew stUFF. You dusted yourself off before standing up, determined to answer one of Tighnari's questions one day.