»]|I{• 𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒔... •}I|[«

"Wait here," Tighnari ordered before turning to open a cabinet full of various medicines and herbs.

He quickly returned with a small tube of ointment and sat down beside you.

"This is gonna burn a bit, but trust me, it works," he said as he put a bit of the ointment on his finger. He reached up to your face but you moved away.

"I can do it myself," you said, reaching out to take the medicine away from him. Before you could get it, he held it up above his head.

"Then what am I supposed to do with the ointment on my finger?" he asked, challenging you for a solution.

And of course, you didn't have one.

Taking your silence as an admittal of defeat, he gently reached out and tilted your face up towards the light and carefully applied the ointment on your wound. His brow furrowed in concentration, and once again, you found yourself speechless because of how close he was. You just prayed that he wouldn't notice the unusual warmth of your cheeks.

"There, all done. Does it burn?" he asked, worriedly.

You were shaken out of your trance and quickly shook your head. "No, it's alright..."

"Good, if you need anything just come find me okay? I'll be by the river with Yasmin," he said, putting the medicine away. Your ears perked at the mention of Yasmin...specifically at the fact that he was going with her.....alone.

"What are you and Yasmin going to do?" you asked, trying to appear as disinterested as you could when you were in reality, clinging to every word he said.

"What are we going to do...? Well, not much, just examine some species by the riverside I guess. We used to do that a lot when we studied at the Akademiya," he replied, unaware of how every word seemed to dampen your mood more and more.

"Well, then I'll take my lea-"

"Wait, I need something!" you said, stopping him. "I uh, need...help with...the report! The report on Redcrests," you said, trying to make excuses to get him to stay.

"You should ask your classmates, they would be able to help you out," he replied, turning to leave once more.

"No wait!" you stopped him again. "I need...help with mushrooms! Yeah, actually I found some mushrooms that looked weird, I don't know if they're poisonous or not..."

"The Avidya Forest Survival Guide has detailed descriptions of every mushroom in Sumeru. You'll get more information from there,"

"Wait! What about...uh...getting to class tomorrow? Yeah, I don't know how to get to the next meeting spot,"

"Collei can help you with that. It's her job to help people navigate the Avidya Forest. You should ask her about it if she's still awake! Although...she might have headed off to bed already..." he trailed off.

"But what about...!"

"...?" Tighnari looked at you, waiting for your question.

"What about...." you looked away, struggling to come up with a question. "...nevermind."

I'm just being stupid.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow," he said, shutting the door behind him while simultaneously shutting the door on your heart.

You sighed and leaned back on his bed, unable to stop wondering what they were going to do....with each other....alone....with no one else around....

You immediately got up and left Tighnari's room, actively searching for him once you left. You scanned the environment and thankfully spotted a pair of large, black ears heading down the stairs to the river. You quickly followed him, making sure to keep a decent amount of distance between the two of you.