Chapter II

Beatrice had so many questions. Questions that only Ava would be able to answer. But honestly, she only cared about the fact that Ava was finally back....the thing was, Beatrice didn't know that Ava wasn't the same girl who passed through the portal.

Beatrice took Ava to the castle and to her room. Of course, she didn't leave Ava's side until Ava woke up.

Ava opened her eyes, jumped up and looked at Beatrice. Beatrice stayed still, she froze when she looked into Ava's eyes. She couldn't believe Ava was there. But then after some seconds she ran and sat next to her. She pulled her closer and hugged her.

"Ava thank god"

Ava backed off, confused, she still hadn't say a word. She did seem a little bit terrified and not relieved, that made Beatrice curious  "Is this real?"  Ava said her voice anxious, worried.

"Yes. Of course it's real"

"How do i know?"

Beatrice blinked surprised, then she was about to touch Ava's cheek but Ava grabbed Beatrice's hand she seemed a bit terrified. Beatrice looked at her with confusion trying to understand what was wrong she nodded trying to reassure her everything was okay. That she wasn't planning on hurting her but Ava kept putting pressure. "Ava it's me" Beatrice said whispered breathless.

Ava calmed down and let Beatrice touch her face with her one hand and grab Ava's hand with the other one and squeeze it softly.

"It's real, Ava"

Beatrice whispered calmly, Ava needed some seconds but eventually she understood it was real and once she did she couldn't do anything but fall in Beatrice's arms "Beatrice oh god"

Ava said she hugged Beatrice and pulled her closer to her and held onto her as tough as she could. She didn't want to let her go, that moment was perfect, that feeling was something they both missed, they missed holding each other, it felt like home. They stayed there holding each other for some minutes, they backed off and gazed each other.

"You got a haircut?

Ava said as she touched Beatrice's hair and smiled
"Yeah well"
Beatrice chuckled, she actually did get a haircut it was hard to notice, but of course Ava noticed it.

"And just when i thought you couldn't get any prettier"

Ava whispered, her voice breathless, soft. She was absolutely absorbed by the feeling, stunned by how perfect Beatrice was, it always caught her off guard. She just couldn't believe she was looking at Beatrice's beautiful face, she really thought she wouldn't see her again.

Beatrice smiled, part of her always knew that Ava was alive but sometimes she'd just feel hopeless that's why during the time Ava was gone all the different scenarios passed through Beatrice's mind and even though she'd dream about Ava, she wasn't prepared, this wasn't a fantasy, a dream or an illusion Beatrice's mind created, it was real life.

Beatrice was ready to cry again, with happy tears, god, she missed Ava so much, she missed everything about her, from her adorable smile to her puppy eyes. She missed how flirty and silly she could get.

Beatrice touched Ava's face again, Ava leaned her head on Beatrice's hand and closed her eyes. She got lost for some seconds. She smiled and some short tears of relief rolled on her face. Beatrice whipped them up, Ava opened her eyes and stared at Beatrice.

"I can't believe you are here Ava"

"Me neither"

They finally reunited. They finally did it. Beatrice was finally able tell Ava the three words she desperately wanted her to hear.

"Ava..."

Beatrice said, she took Ava's both hands and smiled

"Ava i love you"

"Oh Bea"

Ava said stunned she smiled too

"I wanted to tell you sooner you know and I'm sorry I didn't. But I really do, love you. More than anything and anyone."

"I love you too"

Ava and Beatrice chuckled. They stared at each other. Ava's eyes moved slowly and then locked at Beatrice's lips. They both desired a kiss, they both wanted- needed a kiss. After everything that happened, after all the holdbacks, after all the times they thought they lost each other and after being apart for so long, they were finally here. Beatrice leaned for a kiss, she wrapped her hands around Ava's neg and Ava grabbed Beatrice's back, she kept pulling her closer, to her.

Beatrice cut the kiss and smiled, Ava smiled too.

"Ava okay. Look, i don't know where were you, if something happened and i have a million questions right now"

Beatrice paused once she saw the look on Ava's face how it went went blank, she could see there was something else behind Ava's eyes, something was still torturing that she got scared, it was obvious that she was trying to hold her tears back. She looked down. Beatrice didn't want to put Ava through something rough, she had just come back.

"But i do think you need some rest. Get some sleep and we can talk tomorrow"

"Okay"

"Well then. I'll go"

They were in Beatrice's room, but of course Beatrice was willing to give her room to Ava so that she'd sleep comfortably and go sleep to another room. She wanted Ava to sleep well, coming from another dimension must've been exhausting, to say the least.

Beatrice would get up and leave if Ava hadn't reached for her hand and pulled her down gently.

"Or you could stay. Maybe it's too early for this kind of stuff but-"

Beatrice cut Ava and smiled "No problem" That was All Beatrice wanted. All this time Ava was gone Beatrice was imagining holding Ava into her arms, keeping her safe from everything bad, protecting her, she just wanted to be able to do it. That's why she said yes without hesitation,without second thought

Ava smiled and Beatrice moved even closer to Ava, she pulled the blanket away and waited for Ava to lay under the bedsheets. Beatrice laid next to her, she opened her arms, Ava moved closer, half of her body laying on the bed, while the other half was leaning towards Beatrice's body. Ava gently touched Beatrice's shoulder with her one one Beatrice wrapped both of her arms around Ava's back and placed her hand on Ava's head while playing with her hair, smoothly and gently. Ava felt comfortable enough to lay on Beatrice's shoulder, that always been her safe place, just putting her forehead against Beatrice's neg, closing her eyes, and squeezing into Beatrice's hug made her feel safe, it made her feel like no one would be able to hurt her ever again and it made her feel like home, she wanted to stay there, forever if she only could she would freeze time and stay right there, laying with Beatrice, with her comfort person, her soft spot.

Beatrice was there and just for a second, she didn't have a care in the world. She didn't know what was happening around her and she didn't care. She could only think about Ava laying on her, in her arms, she was finally holding the girl she was so unconditionally in love with. She forgot about all those months she spent, crying, constantly begging for a sign, she forgot about all the prayers about all the times she thought she'd never see her again. Everything that happened, good and bad led them both to this glorious cherished but short moment of peace.

"I love you"
"I love you too"

Ava said, she felt how heavy her eyebrows were, she closed her eyes once she finished her sentence and fell asleep without even realising it.

And suddenly, for just one minute. Time did freeze for Ava and Beatrice. The two of them forgot everything. They were there enjoying each other's company because they both were terrified by the simple fact that, this was something temporary. They both knew deep down that sooner or later they'd have to get up and go back to their life with the monsters, the alternative dimensions the real devil and the crazy stuff that people are not supposed to face. All they could do is appreciate this moments, live them and not waste them because after all this time, they learned that every single moment should not be wasted.