Chapter 26: This Party Sucks

3rd Pov

Back in the Underworld, (Y/N), Rias, and Asia are gathered in a room where Azazel lounges.

Azazel: Welcome back. Sorry, I couldn't go with you to your camp, I've been swamped recently.

(Y/N): No problem, I wouldn't have let you in any way.

Azazel: Heh, I've actually kinda missed your sass.

(Y/N): Well, it won't stay that way for long, just ask Perce.

The door opened and the rest of Rias' peerage, save for Koneko, entered.

Akeno: Oh, you three are already here.

Rias: Yes, where's Koneko?

Akeno: She's getting some rest. She really needs it.

(Y/N): What happened?

Akeno: She came back and immediately went back to training. Not for long though, she passed out soon after.

(Y/N): Really? That sounds unlike her. Any idea what she did wrong?

Azazel: She pushed herself beyond the limits I set for her. I get it's good to push your limits to get stronger, but there's a line between training and overworking. It seems like she just crossed it.

Rias: (Y/N), is there anything you can do?

(Y/N): Probably not. Like Asia's, my power can only heal physical wounds, it can't do anything for lost stamina.

Gasper: Poor Koneko.

Azazel: *getting up* Anyway, I've gotta get things together for tonight's reception. Someone will come and get ya'll later.

Asia: Are we really invited to this?

Rias: No, we're enlisted as security, save for (Y/N). He's going to be the Representative for Olympus.

(Y/N): *sarcastic* Oh, boy! More boring schist to sit through. Can I at least bring alcohol to make it fun?

Rias gained a tick mark and slapped him upside the head.

Rias: No.

He started giggling to himself despite Rias, and she rolled her eyes at him.

Rias: By the way, I saw you talking to Reyna before we left the other day before we left.

(Y/N): Oh, she just wanted to talk to me.

Rias: About what?

__________________________

Reyna: Are you sure you can handle it?

(Y/N): I'm positive. You've all fought enough wars.

Reyna: So have you! What makes this one any different?!

(Y/N): This one, if it grows large enough, it could threaten not just us, but every pantheon in the world. And look around at everyone, they've got their lives to live. Percy's heading off to study with Annabeth, and his mom is having a daughter soon. Jason's working on building those temples for the minor gods.

Reyna: *grabbing his hand* And what about your life? I-I understand that being with you means sharing, but I can't stand the thought of losing you.

(Y/N) looked her in the eyes and gently squeezed her hand.

(Y/N): I want to do this, better me than you.

Reyna: I-I've finally found someone to love who loves me back, a-and n-now... *tearing up* I might lose him.