The Rebellion

Prologue

This story took place in parallel universe where there were no humans. Instead, there were only pokemon who lived like humans. They thought like humans, talked like humans, and formed government and society. The main continent in which the pokemon lived was called Mundus. Mundus is pretty much like middle earth from Lord of the Rings, except it was inhabited by pokemon.

In this parallel universe, the world was never at peace. Drachenberg, the kingdom of dragon type pokemon, wanted to rule the world and exterminate all fairy type pokemon. They launched invasions after invasions to subjugate other kingdoms. Many kingdoms had joined Drachenberg's side while the other joined Arcadius' side. Arcadius, the psychic type pokemon kingdom, was the only superpower other than Drachenberg capable of fighting the dragons on equal footing. Even though Arcadius was powerful, it was not strong enough to stop Drachenberg for good, so the war never ended.

The only one who could stop and destroy Drachenberg was Arceus, the most powerful pokemon to have ever existed. The problem was, Arceus had lost its power and almost died after trying to stop a meteor by willingly charged into it. The impact with the meteor had stripped off all of Arceus' 19 plates. These plates were called 'life plates' because they gave life to Arceus and allowed Arceus to change its type. Soon after the plates were stripped off, the dragons seized the plates and hid them in separate places around the world to make sure that Arceus remained dormant and powerless.

With the fall of Arceus, the war continued to rage perpetually until finally, a peace treaty was signed. However, Lord Mewtwo, the king of Arcadius knew that eventually, the dragons would break the peace treaty one day and the war would start again. The only way eternal peace could be ensured was by reviving Arceus, who had the might to obliterate Drachenberg into submission.

There was only one question: Where did the dragons hide the 19 plates?

Seventh era, about 700 years after the fall of Arceus

Day 40 in the dungeon. It was dark, cold, damp, and screams of tortured pokemon could be heard everywhere. In room 426, lay a poor togetic with his whole body covered with wounds. He had not eaten or drunk anything in the last 3 days, so he was extremely thirsty and famished. As one of the guards went by the room, the togetic was moaning in pain.

"Quiet you wimp!" said the guard, who was a druddigon.

The togetic continued to moan as the pain was unbearable. Eventually, his stomach started rumbling, and things only got worse from here.

"Aww... is the poor little fairy hungry? Don't worry. It is dinner time!" said the guard.

The guard then gave the togetic a drink first. It was a glass of water, mixed with poison crafted from bittergreen petals. This poison had the ability to reduce the pp of pokemon moves to zero, so the drinker of the poison would never have a chance to fight back and break free from prison. The togetic had no choice but to drink the poison, because he did not want to slowly and painfully die from thirst. After the togetic was done drinking, he was given a loaf of moldy bread to eat. The mycotoxin produced by the mold only increased the fairy type's suffering, but again, he had no choice but to eat. The togetic open his mouth to bite the bread. As his tongue tasted the moldy bread, his facial expression changed and he was about to throw up, but the guard yelled.

"Swallow it!"

The togetic, with a disgusted look, chewed the moldy bread and eventually managed to swallow it. It took about twenty minutes for the togetic to finish his dinner.

"I hope you enjoyed your dinner, hehe" said the guard sarcastically.

"Now, say: 'HAIL LORD ZEKROM!'" said the guard.