The Icicle Plate

"Good evening, miss. Is there a riolu in your house?" asked Akira politely.

Alicia couldn't say anything as she was too nervous. The handsome Lucario whom she had a crush on was standing right in front of her. She began blushing and breathing heavily. She tried her best to hide it, but to no avail.

"Are you alright miss? Why aren't you answering me?" asked Akira. Seeing Alicia in trouble, the riolu jumped in to greet his big brother.

"I'm here big brother!" chirped the Riolu from behind the braixen.

"What are you doing here Ryo?! I didn't expect to find you in some random house!" scolded Akira.

"How are you able to find me here?" asked Ryo.

"I can detect and follow your aura from miles away." Said Akira.

"Really? That is awesome! I bet even dad had not mastered this ability yet when he was your age!"

"Sigh...Enough compliments. Let's go home Ryo..." said the Lucario.

"But hey, aren't you hungry big brother? Why don't we just have dinner here? That would be great!" suggested the riolu.

"You want me to have dinner in a stranger's house?! Don't be ridiculous!" said the Lucario, losing his patience.

"Alicia is no stranger! She is my friend! She is the smartest kindest braixen I have ever met. She allows me to play with her alchemy kit and she even borrows books from the library for me to read!" said the riolu.

"Is that so?..." asked the Lucario. The braixen remained silent for a while before she could muster up enough courage to talk.

"Y-yes...It is true..."said the braixen.

"See, I told you. Now let's have dinner and some small talk before going home. You know, Alicia is good at cooking." Said the riolu.

"Well... if you insist..." said the Lucario hesitantly.

"Good! Now come to the dining room and have a seat!" said the riolu.

While Akira was waiting in the dining room, Ryo silently instructed Alicia to make a good first impression to her crush in the kitchen.

"You are putting my head on a guillotine Ryo! Now what am I supposed to do?! Don't you realize how nervous I am?!" said Alicia to the riolu.

"Calm down Alicia, relax...Don't be too nervous...This is all part of my plan..." said Ryo.

"Okay. Now what should I do?...oh God I can't think straight..." said Alicia.

"Remember what I told you Alicia. Akira loves girls who are good at cooking and he loves to eat fish pokemon, be it fresh water or salt water. And remember Alicia...no garlic and be generous with the salt." Instructed the Riolu.

"I thought garlic makes everything taste better..." said Alicia

"Well yeah, for most people. But Akira is an exception. He hates garlic because he can't stand the smell..." said Ryo.

"Well then. How about I cook some grilled basculin with some mashed potatoes?" asked Alicia.

"That would be super." Said Ryo.

A few moments later, the grilled basculin and the mashed potatoes were ready to be served.

"Itadakimasu" said Akira before eating.

Akira began chewing the grilled basculin as Alicia watched anxiously. Ryo was smiling all the time.

"Oh my...this tastes good..." said Akira. Alicia was surprised to hear that.