Unexpected Rival

"Are we there yet? I'm getting tired of running!" said Ryo.

"There is no time to rest, kid! We don't have much time!" said Erik

"Why do we have to go through this misty pine forest anyway?" asked William.

"If we run in an open field, we are at high risk of being spotted by the air patrol!" said Erik.

"Air patrol?!" asked Brendan.

" Yes! If you look at the sky, there are a lot of skarmories patrolling. They are actually soldiers sent by Volucris, the kingdom of flying type pokemon. Their duty is to hunt fairies from above and also capture flying type defectors from Volucris! Before the civil war erupted, they were patrolling in the skies of other kingdoms. After the civil war began, Lord Zekrom ordered them to patrol in the sky of Avangard also!" explained the Weavile.

"Oh, I see, the mist and the pine trees will obstruct their view! Now I get it! Now, about the defectors from Volucris, how many are they?" said Ryo.

"There are hundreds of them. They have decided to join the rebellion led by princess Diana, who is now hiding in Winterhold. The rebellions are also involved in this civil war" Said Erik.

"Is Princess Diana siding with the separatist movement?" asked William.

"Yes! Ever since the dragons got involved in the civil war by helping Lord Alexandrovich fight the separatist movement, princess Diana sided with jarl Articuno, and so did the dusk tribe, because jarl Articuno has provided shelter for the rebellion as well as the members of the Dusk tribe for decades." said Erik.

"Why?" asked Ryo.

"Articuno felt sympathy towards the fairy type pokemon, unlike Lord Alexandrovich. Articuno also really loves knowledge. Threfore, in exchange for shelter and protection, the Dusk Tribe members gave jarl Articuno some of the books which were stolen from the grand library of Dahara." Said Erik.

"I know that the Dusk tribe members and the dragons teamed up to bring down Dahara 3 centuries ago. But then the dragons betrayed the Dusk tribe. Am I correct?" said Ryo.

"Correct. The dragons betrayed us so we were forced to hide in Avangard..." said Erik.

"What is the exact cause of the betrayal?" asked Ryo.

"It is complicated...When we arrive at Winterhold, you can ask grand master Neo the Zoroark about it. He knows better..." said Erik.

"Okay then..." said Ryo.

While the knights of Arcadius were travelling to Winterhold in haste, Lord Alexandrovich were in the palace of winter, welcoming the dragons who were sent by Lord Zekrom. They were minister Latios and general Giraldo Westerling the Garchomp.

"Ah, welcome my allies! Welcome! The plan has worked perfectly I assure you...," said Lord Alexandrovich.

"We are here for the icicle plate and the knights of Arcadius...Where are they?" asked Latios coldly.

"The knights are imprisoned in fort Amol. They are poisoned, so they can't fight, hehe..." said Lord Alexandrovich.

"Good! I can't wait to torture them, especially the sons of Daisuke. Now how about the icicle plate? Give it to us so we can hide the icicle plate again someplace else!" said general Giraldo.

"Do not worry...the icicle plate is in the inner sanctum..." said Lord Alexandrovich.

"Just give it to us already!" said general Giraldo Westerling impatiently.

"Okay...minister Yekaterina! Can you please get the icicle plate from the inner sanctum?" asked Lord Alexandrovich.

"What are you talking about? It is no longer there because I saw you taking it this morning, around 8 am." Said the Froslass.