Knighting of the Black Riding Hood

The snow fell heavily on Sunday morning. The whole streets of Aeterna were covered with snow and nobody wanted to go out. Ryo and Akira were in the living room, sitting near the fireplace to keep themselves warm. While Akira was sitting comfortably, Ryo drank a cup of hot chocolate. As the two were relaxing, their father suddenly came.

"Boys, move your lazy butt. It is time to go to the church!" said Daisuke to their children.

"Aww, but dad, it is too cold and the snow is everywhere," said Ryo.

"There are no excuses! Don't let cold weather hinder your devotion and faith in Arceus! Religious worship requires dedication and effort. Now MOVE!" said Daisuke

"Yes father...Come on Ryo, let's go!" said Akira. Ryo let out a groan. The two then went to the church to attend service. The three were the first ones to arrive at the church and they sit on the front row. Daisuke looked around. There were only a few pokemon present in the church. Suddenly, Ryo heard a familiar voice.

"Hi Ryo! Remember me?" said Natalie the glaceon. Upon hearing that voice, Ryo began blushing.

"Ummm...hello there Natalie..." said Ryo nervously.

"I heard that your father is very religious. So, it would be logical to assume that your father and his children will always go to church even if the weather is very unfriendly..." said Natalie.

"Well, unfriendly for us, but not for you. You're an ice type...Now what do you want?" asked Ryo.

"You see, I'm an only child and my parents are away for quite a long time, so I feel very lonely at home...Because I have nobody to play with..." Said Natalie.

"You want me to go to your house to accompany you after service?..." asked Ryo.

"Exactly!" said Natalie.

"Well, Sure..." said Ryo. Ryo actually had a huge crush on Natalie, but he was hiding it the best he could. Despite the crush, Ryo was just ten years old. So nothing could go wrong....

An hour later, the church service was over and Ryo went to Natalie's mansion to accompany her.

"Please, make yourself at home Ryo..." said Natalie.

"Yes Natalie...By the way, can you light the fireplace? It's freezing in here..."said Ryo.

"Oh, of course sweetie!" said Natalie. Ryo blushed intensely when he was being called 'sweetie' by his crush.

"Would you like to have a drink? A cup of tea or something?" asked Natalie.

"A cup of tea will be great, Natalie. Thank you..." said Ryo.

"Good, now play chess with me because I'm bored!" said Natalie.

"Sure, why not?!" said Ryo eagerly.

It only took Ryo a few steps before he could say 'checkmate'.

"What?! But how?! Don't tell me I lost after just five steps! I have underestimated you! Have you been practicing chess tactics secretly?" asked Natalie.

"...Sometimes I play chess with Alicia..." said Ryo.

"What?! Alicia?! I know her! She studies a lot and doesn't have many friends! But enough about her! I want a rematch!!!" said Natalie.

"Fine..." said Ryo.

Three matches later, Natalie became extremely frustrated. She lost three times in a row to a ten-year-old. She had never been defeated so badly in chess before. Natalie was indeed smart, but Ryo was a genius.

"Oh God, I give up...Why are you so good at chess?! You are a fighting type for god's sake! Fighting type pokemon are supposed to be stupid!" said Natalie angrily.