The Journey Began

Three days earlier...It was a grim and cloudy day at the palace of winter in Avangard. Lord Alexandrovich the beartic was sitting on his throne, thinking about how to beat jarl Articuno, the leader of the separatist movement. The civil war had caused many casualties on both sides, and had dealt a major blow to Avangard's economy. However, due to his massive ego, Lord Alexandrovich refused to resolve the conflict through peaceful and reasonable means. More and more pokemon were dissatisfied with Lord Alexandrovich's leadership and decided to join the separatist movement. Lord Alexandrovich knew that sooner or later, he would lose the war anyway. This made him stressed out and the pressure turned him into a paranoid king. This paranoia caused him to randomly execute some of his advisors and even the ministers who 'showed signs of disloyalty', out of fear that they would betray him by joining the separatist movement. Slowly but surely, Lord Alexandrovich started to lose his sanity. In the brink of a mental breakdown, a flygon came to the palace of winter, bringing a message form Drachenberg.

"Greetings Lord Alexandrovich... I bring a message from Lord Zekrom, the high king of Drachenberg."

"Message? What message?! Can't you see that Avangard is in the middle of a heated civil war?! The dragons should stay out of Avangard's business!" said Lord Alexandrovich.

"I'm afraid we can't. We have received an information that some random hikers have found the icicle plate...and the plate is now being kept here in Avangard..." said the flygon.

"What?! I don't know what you are talking about!" said the beartic.

"Don't play dumb...Lord Alexandrovich...That plate is supposed to be hidden. Now that Avangard has found the plate, it has to be returned to the dragons, so the dragons can hide it again elsewhere. After all, we don't want Arceus to wake up from his deep slumber..." said the flygon.

"Listen...I don't know anything about the icicle plate. Please...you have to believe me..." said the beartic.

"And you know what? Arcadius has planned to send some of the kingdom's best knights to retrieve the icicle plate from Avangard...and Avangard has agreed to hand over the icicle plate to the knights..." said the flygon.

"This is an outrage! I don't even know about the icicle plate retrieval plan!" said the beartic.

"But we do...Isn't it strange? One of your subordinates could be hiding the icicle plate from you....If I were you, I would interrogate every single advisor and minister...Until I find the whereabouts of the icicle plate..." said the flygon.

"I just can't believe what I'm hearing...Are you sure the icicle plate is in Avangard? How do you know about that?!" asked the beartic.

"It's not important. You have to handover the icicle plate to us, or we will invade your kingdom..." said the flygon.

"And what will you do if I give you the icicle plate?" asked the Beartic.

"Then Drachenberg will help you defeat the separatist movement...It is a fair deal isn't it? We will also kill all the fairies hiding in your kingdom, so you don't need to 'exterminate the pests' anymore. Let us do all the dirty work..." said the Flygon.

"Okay then...It's a deal...And what should I do with the knights of Arcadius?" asked Lord Alexandrovich.

"Imprison them until general Giraldo the Garchomp arrives to execute them...All of them..."

"It will be done..." said Lord Alexandrovich.

"Wise decision Lord Alexandrovich...very wise...So here is the plan...When the knights arrive, give them the icicle plate so they will trust you, but ask them to stay overnight. Give them dinner...poisoned dinner...preferably with sleep and paralysis poison...After they fall asleep, imprison them and take back the icicle plate from them. As soon as you have imprisoned the knights, send us a message. We have set up a military basecamp in Chervalsk, so you can send the message to general Giraldo there. As soon as the knights have been killed, we will take the icicle plate...Got it?" said the flygon