The Butcher of Ivarstead

Wednesday afternoon, 3 pm. Ryo was in Moorside inn, located in Ivarstead. He was trying to gather some information about the mysterious unknown serial killer. First, he tried to speak with the owner of the inn.

"Excuse me sir..." said the Riolu.

"Oh, how may I help you kid? Wanna buy some food? You know, Moorside inn is famous for its delicious grilled pidgeys! You should try some! You are new here, right? Here, take this grilled pidgey for free! I always give free food to new customers!" said the owner of the inn, who was a loudred.

"Thank you sir...But I'm here not for food...but I'm trying to gather some information..."said Ryo.

"You want to hear about the latest rumour? Alright! Do you know that Bella Lombardi is having an affair with baron Harry? I always like to gossip! It is fun!" said the loudred.

"No... Not that kind of rumour. I was wondering if you know a thing or two about the mysterious serial killer?" said Ryo.

"Ah, yes...The butcher of Ivarstead. Known for killing travellers and merchants, even the ones with bodyguards. You know, I think the serial killer doesn't kill for pleasure, but for the money, since all of the victims are rich. A pokemon like you should not be worried about the serial killer, since you don't look rich, haha..." said the loudred.

"How many pokemon have fallen victim to the butcher of Ivarstead?" asked Ryo

"Seven rich merchants, and one travelling noble. Impressive feat for a serial killer do you agree, kid?"

"Well yeah...I think so...Do you perhaps know when the killing happened?" asked the Riolu.

"Well, obviously not at night, since rich people do not usually travel at night. And certainly not in the morning or afternoon either, since rich travellers are always able to reach Ivarstead safely if they travel during the day." Said the innkeeper.

"Then the serial killer did all the killing at dusk...Yes...It must be at dusk..." said Ryo.

"Well, I don't know but you are probably right, kid!" said the Loudred.

Suddenly, a furret came and ordered some food and drink. The furret was a merchant who sold expensive silk clothing.

"One loaf of bread and a glass of mead please...and make it quick. I'm in a hurry!" said the Furret.

"We don't sell mead here, only wine. If you want mead, go to the honningbrew meadery. It is located not very far from here. It is the only place where mead is being sold..." said the Loudred.

"Fine then! One bottle of fine Altomare wine please!" said the Furret.

"Sure thing sir. Why don't you spend the night here?" said the Loudred

"No, I can't. I have to reach Avennio as quickly as possible. The Avennio silk merchant convention started tomorrow at 9 am. Avennio is just 6 miles away from here. I'm sure I can reach Avennio before night falls..." said the Furret.

"So you decide to travel at dusk? Don't you know it is dangerous?" asked the Loudred.

"I have a machoke as a bodyguard. Don't worry. Everything will be fine!" said the Furret.

"Oh well, suit yourself, but you have been warned..." said the Loudred.

"No worries..." said the Furret confidently.

A rich silk merchant? How lucky I am. I don't need to search for the serial killer. The serial killer will present himself! All I need to do is to follow the merchant secretly...thought Ryo to himself.