The Rings of Power

"Wake up you two! It is already 10 in the morning!" said guild master Caesar.

"Uh...wait...what happened?..." asked Renard as he opened his eyes.

"We overslept, Renard. We spent the whole night in the guild sleeping..." said Brendan.

"What have you been doing the whole night?! I did not assign you two to guard the guild during night shift!" asked guild master Caesar.

"We were trying to capture the black riding hood, sir. The last time I met him I almost caught him; he was way too agile and fast. So, I brought Brendan to assist me. But he did not come last night... " Said Renard.

"Oh, the mirage warrior? I see. So, the rumours are indeed true. Well, it would be great if you can capture and persuade the black riding hood to join the knight's guild. The guild needs warriors like him." Said guild master Caesar.

"The black riding hood is an eeveelution, and he knows the move ice beam." Said Renard.

"Then the black riding hood must be either a vaporeon or a glaceon." Said guild master Caesar.

"I think it is a glaceon." said Brendan.

"Are you sure?" asked Renard.

"Yeah. You said that you pursued the black riding hood until you two reached a river bank, right? Well, if the black riding hood is a Vaporeon, then logically, the warrior could have just swum away instead of freezing the water to walk on it and flee." Said Brendan.

"You are right, Brendan!" said Renard.

"Hmmm, a glaceon eh? There are not so many glaceons is Arcadius. The only one I know is the daughter of the famous sir Nicolas van Deventer. But that is far-fetched. A pampered princess of a rich aristocrat is very unlikely to be a well-trained warrior..." said guild master Caesar.

"Well...it may sound inconceivable, but the black riding hood could be her...Since we don't even know which gender the black riding hood is..." said Brendan.

"Impossible! I'm sure the black riding hood is a guy!" said Renard

"Have you heard the black riding hood's voice?" asked Brendan.

"Well, no... but..." said Renard.

"Then my hypothesis could be true, no matter how absurd it is..." said Brendan.

"Alright, enough talking. How about I give you two a mission to persuade the black riding hood to join the knight's guild?" asked guild master Caesar.

"Yes sir." Said Brendan.

"Good. Now I must go. I have something important to do." said guild master Caesar as he left the two pokemon. Renard did not seem to like the idea of recruiting the black riding hood because he did not want another eeveelution to be a guild member. Why? Because he hated having rivals. Akira was already frustrating enough for Renard since he eclipsed all of Renard's hard work to become the best. Things would only get worse if the black riding hood agreed to join the knight's guild. For Renard, being bested by a Lucario was still much better than being bested by his own kind.

"So, Renard. How will we capture the black riding hood? Any idea other than waiting for the black riding hood the whole night?" Asked Brendan.

"Actually, I hate having him as a guildmate, but since the guild master's decision is an order then I have no choice." Said Renard.

"So, what is the plan?" asked Brendan.

"Simple. We put a fake S rank mission on the job bulletin board that will lead him to an abandoned fortress. I know some, since I have a map. Once he is inside the fortress, you block the exist while I capture him. Then, we persuade him." Said Renard.