The Battle of Berkhiv

The team continued to travel after the sun rose. At midday, they decided to stop by a small village called Berkhiv. There, Akira and the rest of the team had lunch inside an inn. Meanwhile, a blizzard was raging outside, forcing the team to wait inside until the Blizzard is over. As the rest of the team were enjoying the lunch, Ryo decided to gather some information by asking the innkeeper, who was a snover.

"Excuse me sir. We are going to visit Zverev. Could you please tell us which route is the safest?" asked the Riolu.

"In this time of war, no route is safe kid, especially for travellers like you. The dusk tribe members are everywhere and their main target, apart form rich people, are travellers. To make matters worse, the dragons are now present in Avangard to hunt fairies and they are on Lord Alexandrovich's side." Said the Snover.

"What?! Are you telling me that the dragons are fighting the separatist movement? Why?! What for?!" asked the riolu.

"I don't know about that...The motive still remains a mystery" said the Snover.

"Fine. We'll take the shortest route from here to Zverev. I don't care about the dangers. We are trained knights so I'm sure we are capable of overcoming any obstacles. We are leaving as soon as the blizzard stops," said Akira to the Snover.

The team waited for the blizzard to subside, but the blizzard didn't stop. In fact, it got worse, which means the team had to spend the night in the inn. The team fell asleep quickly after dinner. However, Julius, the five-year-old eevee, was having a difficulty sleeping. Every time the eevee fell asleep, he had nightmare about dragons. Therefore, he kept waking up. Traumatized by the nightmare, the little eevee snuggled to Natalie, waking her up.

"What is wrong, Julius?" asked Natalie.

"I'm having nightmares...Usually my parents hug me when I have trouble sleeping..." said the eevee.

"Don't worry Julius...I'll hug you. You'll be safe from dragons as long as I'm around to protect you..." said Natalie kindly.

"Thank you...you are so kind...Will I see my parents again?" asked the poor Eevee.

"I'll rescue your parents...I promise..."said Natalie while embracing the little eevee.

At the next day, Renard was the first one to wake up, followed by Ryo. He saw the Natalie sleeping while hugging the little eevee.

"She is already emotionally attached to the eevee it seems..." said Renard.

"Poor eevee...We better rescue his parents after we get the icicle plate..." said Ryo.

Akira was the third member to wake up. As soon as Akira was awake, he ordered Ryo to wake the rest of the team members up. When they were about to leave, there was a commotion in the village square.

"What's all the fuss about?" asked Akira.

"The dragons are here, in this village! And they have captured the hiding fairies!" said the Snover.

"How many dragons are there?!" asked Akira.

"There are many of them! I'd say about 60 Fraxures, 30 druddigons, 10 Flygons and 5 Salamence." Said Snover.

"They have brought an entire legion?! Are they trying to capture the village?!" asked Ryo.

"Yes, Berkhiv has a strategic position. Whoever captures Berkhiv would most likely win this civil war!" said the Snover.

"We can't jus sit here and let the dragons execute the fairies! I'm saving the fairies!" said Natalie angrily as she left.

"Wait Natalie, NO! Don't act recklessly, we are vastly outnumbered!" said Ryo. But it was too late. Natalie already left.