6 - Protect Her Heart

I woke up the next morning as the sun was coming through my window. I was blinded by it. I looked and Chris was still in the chair beside me. I smiled seeing him and then noticed our fingers still intertwined as we slept. I looked back up at his face and Chris eyes were open, he was smiling at me.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning." Chris said.

"So you called me baby." I said with a small smile.

"Yeah well you called me your man." Chris said and I gently bit my lower lip with a nod.

"Chris..."

"Yes baby?" Chris asked.

"Kiss me."

"Gladly." Chris said leaning into me and pressing his lips to mine. I grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him onto the bed with me as we laid making out for a minutes. Chris rolled me to my back, removed his lips from mine and hovered over me. He positioned himself between my legs and I smiled up at him.

He leaned down kissed my forehead, both cheeks, my chin, the tip of my nose and then his lips met mine for a small kiss again as I giggled. Once we broke apart again he looked at me and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"Baby?" Chris asked.

"Yes?"

"Will you go out on a date with me tonight? Once we get you moved?" Chris asked and I smiled with a small nod.

"I would love to." I said and he leaned down and passionately kissed me and I felt his tongue along the seam of my lips as I allowed him entrance, our tongues intertwined in perfect harmony. As we continued to make out we were interrupted with Dodger and Rita jumping on the bed.

We started laughing.

"I think they want fed." I said and Chris groaned getting off of me.

"I'll go do that. Food and stuff in the kitchen?" Chris asked.

"I'll go with you." I said and Chris scooped me up with a squeal. I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he held me to him.

"I can walk you know..." I said and Chris shook his head as we walked to the kitchen and he sat me on the counter. I showed him where all the food was and he fed the dogs.

💖 💖 💖

Once I finished packing I left my keys for the house on the coffee table and we left. We placed the storage boxes in Chris's SUV and things I would need in the guest house in my car.

I got to my parents' house and pulled in the driveway with Chris behind me. We got out of the car with the dogs and I walked back to the guest house.

"Mom, dad?" I called out seeing the door to the guest house open. They came walking out of the bedroom.

"Hey! You're early!" My mom Athena said and I shook my head.

"Not really." I said. Athena saw Chris standing behind me.

"Nice to see you again." Athena said and Chris nodded.

"You too." Chris said.

"And Dodger." Athena said and he sat down waiting for attention. Athena scratched his head.

"Who is this?!" Athena asked seeing the other dog.

"My dog, Rita." I said and Athena looked at me and laughed. "

"Rita and Dodger! Like Oliver and company." Athena said and I nodded. I looked at my dad who had been silent.

"Hey daddy." I said. He opened his arms and I walked up to him and hugged him. I felt safe in his arms like any kid did with their dad.

"Chris is this my dad Marshall. Dad this is Chr-..."

"Chris Evans." Marshall said and shaking his head. I looked at my mom.

"He's in heaven." Athena said and I nodded.

"He is a huge comic book fan." I said and Chris smiled.

"You make me sound like a nerd." Marshall said and I nodded.

"You are." I said we all laughed.

"Okay before your dad geeks out. Let's get your boxes moved in. Gentlemen, that's on you." Athena said and I laughed as did the guys. They went out to my car and started loading boxes into the guest house. Once they were done Chris and Marshall looked at me and Athena.

"We are going to load the rest of the boxes in the garage." Marshall said and I nodded. Chris leaned in giving me a small kiss and walked towards his car with my dad.

***CHRIS POV***

Marshall and I headed to the garage with a few boxes and we started putting them on shelving he had cleared off.

"Chris, can we talk for a minute?" Marshall asked and I nodded as we stopped loading the boxes.

"Of course." I said.

"I see her and you together and I can tell already you have strong feelings for her." Marshall said and I hung my head, there was no denying it.

"I do...I know it's probably not right but from the minute I found her in the park there was a draw to her. I won't pretend to sit here and act like I know what she has been through but I do know Jason, I met him yesterday. Him and Cora came back early and it was a whole thing. I just felt the need to protect her from him and all the heartache." I said and Marshall smiled.

"All I will say is, I don't know how broken she is or how long she will be if she is but with you she is smiling again. She is smiling because of you and I couldn't be happier to see it. I just want you to know, if this is a fling to you Chris, back away now, she doesn't need to be hurt anymore." Marshall said and I shook my head.

"No sir, I'm very serious about your daughter. We actually have a date planned tonight." I said and Marshall gave a small nod.

"Perfect. I'm sorry to be wary just watching her get dumped at the altar, not easy. This may make her skittish against marriage for a while." Marshall said and I half nodded.

"Well I won't be proposing next week so I think we are okay there." I said and we both laughed.

"Good, I just want her heart protected Chris." Marshall said.

"And I will do that for you sir, I promise." I said and he shook my hand. We then finished unloading the boxes.

***NORMAL POV***

Once Chris and my dad were done loading boxes in the garage they came back to the guest house. They saw the dogs running around the backyard playing. I was working on the bedroom closet when Chris walked in and leaned on the doorframe.

"Hey, have a nice chat with my dad?" I asked, not even looking at him and he huffed a laugh.

"They love you and just want your heart protected." Chris said coming up behind me, sitting on the floor caging me in his legs and I leaned back on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you going to protect it Chris?" I asked looking back at him, he kissed the tip of my nose causing me to giggle then giving me a small kiss.

"Ginny, I will never hurt you like Jason did. In any aspect. Your heart is safe with me and when you're ready to give it to me, I'll protect it." Chris said and I smiled at him and he wrapped his arms around me tighter and I cuddled into him more.