11 - Thanksgiving Dinner Drama

***THANKSGIVING***

I was in my car parked in the driveway of a house I never wanted to be back at. Mister and Misses Carmichael...Jason's parents. My parents and his parents were friends and remained friends even after the non-wedding, I wasn't sure why. I think my parents were honestly just trying to save face since all of this was planned before the wedding. I didn't want to come but my parents assured me it would show a sign of maturity. Chris was with his family today. We didn't want to introduce me to everyone on the holiday, it was already going to be busy enough, don't throw a new girlfriend in the mix. I saw the front door open and there she stood, Emma Carmichael, Jason's mother. She was looking at me, clearly waiting for me to come in. I sighed, grabbed my clutch purse and headed to the door.

"Virginia...dear." She said and hugged me and I hugged back. This felt weird, the last time she hugged me was right before I walked down the aisle to meet her son. "Come in, your parents as well as Jason and Cora are already here." She said and walked me into the sitting room where everyone was sitting. I placed a fake smile on my face to keep the tears at bay.

"Happy Thanksgiving." Athena said as I walked in.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I said walking over to her and kissing her cheek, then I kissed my father's cheek. I saw Mister Carmichael.

"Thomas." I said and he gave a slight nod. I didn't even acknowledge Jason or Cora.

"Virginia don't be rude..." Emma said and I groaned to myself.

"Cheater...Whore...lovely to see you." I said sarcastically and everyone gasped.

"VIRGINIA!" Thomas exclaimed. I just sighed and sat down next to my mother. Everyone went silent. I felt my phone vibrate in my clutch and I pulled it out.

"Where's the boyfriend?" Jason asked.

"With his family." I said.

"He knows about Chris?" Athena asked and I nodded.

"Chris was helping me move out of the house." I said and Athena nodded.

"You have a new boyfriend?" Thomas asked and I sighed.

"Yes, Chris." I said.

"Chris who...?" Jason asked mocking me.

"Chris Evans." I said and Emma gasped.

"Really?! You got Chris Evans?" Emma said and I ignored her. I looked at my phone.

CHRIS: Miss you 😘

GINNY: Miss you too. How's the dinner?

CHRIS: Hasn't started yet, Ma and my sisters are finishing up cooking. Scott and I are watching football.

GINNY: Christopher Robert Evans! You get in there and set the table for your mother and help her out!

CHRIS: Are you yelling at me baby?

GINNY: Yes! Go!

CHRIS: I will if you answer me one question.

GINNY: What?

CHRIS: Where was your dinner? You never said but I also know it's not at your parents' house.

GINNY: Chris...please...don't make me answer this.

CHRIS: God damnit Ginny, where?!

GINNY: At Jason's parents house. My parents already said they would come and it was planned when Jason and I were supposed to get married. My parents and their parents are nothing but honorable.