14 - Christmas Eve & News

"When do we have to be at your parents?" Chris asked as I finished wrapping my dad's gift.

"15 minutes ago." I said and Chris laughed.

"Well good thing we are only a minute away." Chris said and I laughed.

"Yeah, can you actually take the 2 knuckleheads over first? I will be right behind you." I said and Chris nodded. He gave me a small kiss, called the dogs to follow him and he was gone. Once I saw him walk in the back door to my mom's I ran to my bathroom and got sick. I had been fighting the damn flu for a week now. I was hiding it from everyone and I knew I would be fine. I was started to feel better but this damn thing was killing me. I washed my mouth out and then grabbed the presents from the living room. I grabbed them all and headed to my mom's house. I opened the back door which led into the kitchen and I smelled all the food and my stomach flipped.

"Here let me take those." Marshall said taking the gifts.

"Thanks dad." I said after taking a deep breath.

"Ginny, can you help me with cooking please?" Athena asked and I took another deep breath and headed over to help my mom.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Stir the pasta sauce and then mix in the meatballs." She said and I nodded. I did my best to not take in much of the smell of the food.

"You okay?" Athena asked seeing me.

"Yeah, I think its just a small bug or something." I said and Athena giggled.

"Flu bug...right." Athena asked.

"What's that supposed to me?" I asked.

"It's not the flu Ginny."

"What else could it be...oh...oh no! Not that, wouldn't be that." I said.

"Don't play stupid Ginny. You and Chris have been getting serious right?" Athena asked and I blushed.

"Yeah but..."

"But nothing...its possible if you arent using anything to stop it. Are you?" Athena asked and I didn't make eye contact with her. She sighed.

"I mean I never thought about it honestly, usually it always just happens. Jason and I were also so careful and it was always planned out. I guess I was just throwing caution to the wind for once." I said and Athena sighed.

"Then sweetie, you need to maybe think of it being a possibility." Athena said walking some dishes to the table and I started putting the meatballs in the sauce.

💖 💖 💖

As we ate dinner I pushed the food around and made it look like I was eating but I really wasn't feeling food at the moment.

"So Chris do you have any upcoming projects?" Marshall asked.

"Actually yeah I do. After the first of the year I will be on my way to Georgia for about 3 to 4 months." Chris said and I whipped my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I've been trying to find the right time to tell you..." Chris trailed.

"Which was when? When you were on your way to the airport?" I asked upset. I got up from the table and walked out to the back patio. He got up and came outside with me.

"Ginny..." Chris said.

"I need a minute, please go inside." I said and he sighed coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me to keep me warm.

"I wasn't trying to hide it from you. I needed to talk to you about it sooner I know but I just got the finalized info two days ago." Chris said and I sighed.

"I just would have liked a heads up." I said and broke his hold on me and I went back inside to sit at the table and finish dinner not talking to Chris.

After dinner, we did presents and stockings with my parents. Everything was perfect and we had a wonderful time. Dad insisted on doing family pictures even with the dogs so we all got in the pictures. Chris stood behind me placing his arms around my waist. He rested his hands on my stomach and I got thinking about what my mom said. Chris rested his chin on my shoulder.

"You still going to mom's with me tonight?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Of course I am."

"You still upset with me?" Chris asked.

"Of course I am." I repeated and he sighed. He didn't say anything else. We took the pictures my dad wanted, even the one of just me and Chris the dogs. Once we were all done we took everything from my parents house back to my house and put it all away.

"You packed?" Chris asked and I nodded walking back to the bedroom to get my bag. I bent over to pick it up and got dizzy. I sat on the foot of the bed for a minute. I thought of something and pulled out my phone and looked at the calendar on my phone. I started looking at dates and groaned.

"This is insane, not possible." I said putting it away and then grabbing my bag. I headed into the living room and we got in Chris's SUV loading in the dogs and my bag. Chris came over and opened my door. He stopped me before I could get in.

"Come with me." Chris said and I looked at him oddly.

"What?!"

"To Georgia. I'm getting a rental house. You can be with me while I film." Chris said and I huffed a laugh.

"Right and be stuck on a film set or your trailer or in the rental house..." I said and Chris sighed.

"I didn't want to fight going into our first Christmas."

"Then you should have been upfront and told me this was a possibility! I didn't even know Chris! I don't want to go to Georgia, I'm okay with being here just wish you would have told me." I said and Chris sighed as I got in the car. I shut the door and he sighed.

The ride to his mom's house was silent. He held my hand like usual but it was different, I knew it was different things were going to be tense for the next few days. Once we got to Lisa's we got out and the dogs too. We walked through the door and we smiled seeing everyone.

"Hey." I said hugging Scott when he came over and Chris just walked the bag upstairs. Scott looked at me and I sighed shaking my head.

"You two okay?" Scott asked and I shrugged.

"Just found out he is leaving to film after the first of the year and he didn't tell me." I said and Scott sighed.

"Hey, cut him some slack, he didn't know how to tell you. He wanted to and I have been pushing him to." Scott said and I sighed. Chris came back down the stairs and I grabbed his hand and pulled him off to the side sitting room that was never used.

"What?" Chris asked and I nodded up and he saw something hanging in the doorway.

"That's mistletoe just for future reference." I said and he gave a small smile.

"Okay..." Chris said.

"I'm sorry I'm upset. Things are just going so perfect right now that I'm scared for you to leave. I don't want to go with you but I think maybe...we talk about our relationship and where we are when you get back." I said and Chris smiled with a nod.

"I love you so much and I already know what I want. Do you want your gift early?" Chris asked and I nodded. He pulled a small rectangle box from his pocket. He handed it to me and I opened it to see a house key on a keyring of a picture of Chris and I with Rita and Dodger.

"Chris..." I said.

"Move in with me. You can move in while I'm gone and then I will be coming home to you." Chris said. I was unsure and he smiled at me. "Ginny we practically live together now. I know the fans have been following you a little and it's getting to be a lot at your parents' house. Please say you'll move in." Chris said and I smiled at him wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled him down to me, I brushed my lips against his.

"Yes." I said and he smiled as crashed his lips to mine. Once we broke apart he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so happy right now." Chris said and I smiled at him.

"Me too." I said and Chris smiled.