8 - Dinner Doesn't Go as Planned

***CHRIS POV***

When I got home from Ginny's I took the photo strip from us at the photobooth and placed it on the mantel by my TV. I kept it kind of hidden but I wanted her up in my house represented. I got Dodger situated with food and changed my clothes from the night before since it did look like I slept in them. I was walking out of my bedroom when the front door opened.

"Hello?" Scott called out and I met him I the living room as Dodger was jumping on him.

"Hey bubba!" Scott said petting him.

"Hey, right on time." I said and Scott nodded.

"Well I had to make sure you were going to be here for bro time before dinner tonight." Scott said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well let's put it this way. I have been over here to see you and you're never here." Scott said.

"Ever try calling me first?" I asked and he nodded.

"I never had to call in the past, why would I now?" Scott asked.

"Because you can't just show up Scott, what if I wasn't home or having business meeting going on." I said.

"Or have a girl over..." Scott said and I rolled my eyes as I walked into the kitchen.

"Never said anything like that. Just saying everyone also just showing up not knowing what's going on in my life and just thinking it's okay." I said and Scott looked at me oddly.

"Oh come on Chris, why are you on edge?" Scott asked and I sighed.

"I don't know. Sorry, I don't mean to snap at you. Listen just know some things are happening and changing. They're good and I'm happy." I said and Scott smiled as I made a pot of coffee.

"So you are dating someone?" Scott said and I rolled my eyes ignoring him as I started making some late breakfast, early lunch for us, making some breakfast burritos.

"Ma is so excited for dinner tonight. She said you haven't even been checking in with her. She misses her Dodger and her son...in that order she said." Scott said and I laughed.

"Wow, dog outranks me." I said as we sat on the couch and watched some tv. We finally just spent some time together, I went grocery shopping with him to get things ready for family dinner and I planned on maybe telling Ma when we were alone about Ginny because I was about to burst but I wanted to get her thoughts first.

CHRIS: Hey baby 😘

GINNY: Hey handsome. How is brother bonding day?

CHRIS: Good, I miss you though.

GINNY: I know I miss you too, so does Rita. She is looking for you and Dodger.

CHRIS: Dodger is looking for you both too.

CHRIS: I wanted to ask you a question.

GINNY: What's that?

CHRIS: I know I said I wanted to keep this to us for a while but can I at least tell my Ma? She will keep my secret but baby, I just want to talk about you to someone.

I saw the dots appear and disappear a few times and I was worried. Finally she got back to me.

GINNY: Sorry Rita got away from me while I was typing. I'm out walking her. Yes handsome, tell your mom. I want you to be able to talk to someone.

CHRIS: Be careful out walking please and thank you. By the way, I love the nickname.😉

I didn't get an answer back but I got a picture of her and Rita. I smiled seeing my girls.