Thirteen

freyzygorl69 on instagram: best medicine when sad is @tateisgr8 snuggle time 🥺 (plus the company of @urmommyjess and @ride_me_riley :/ )

Liked by tateisgr8 and 14 others.

Comments:

tateisgr8: love u queenie weenie

Load 4 more comments...

-------

𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙚

Cole can't pull his eyes from his phone screen. He keeps reading Freya's caption over and over again: best medicine when sad—

It tugs at his chest, making him ache. He knows he shouldn't care—not after the screenshot that Alex and Trevor sent from their groupchat with Freya. Still, he knows how wrong it was not to call, not to text or say something, especially after she texted him to congratulate him on the Calgary game.

Now, though, he is three beers deep, which—for a man who weighs a hundred and seventy pounds soaking wet—is enough to leave Cole feeling dazed. Nick's hand on his shoulder catches him by surprise.

"Come on," Nick urges. "You gotta stop thinking about her."

Expression stoic, Cole clicks off his phone, setting it face-down on the bar in front of him. "I know," he mutters, finishing the rest of his beer. "I can't help it."

Nick turns to lean his back against the bar, yanking Cole's shoulder so that he'll do the same. "Be honest with me," he begins, "when's the last time you got laid?"

"What?" Cole snaps back at him.

Nick laughs. "I'm serious." He cocks his head towards the club's main dance floor, where girls grind against their friends and the occasional man, laughing and spilling drinks at their feet. "There are so many hot women in this club, alone. You've got no reason to be hung up on one girl unless you're a virgin. So—when was it?"

Cole rolls his eyes, retrieving his phone from the counter and tucking it into his pocket. "When was what?"

"The last time you had actual sex with an actual girl," Nick declares.

Cracking his knuckles, Cole lets out a sigh. "It wasn't even that long ago," he mutters. "It was this summer."

"Dude," Nick exclaims, "tomorrow is fucking December. That's a long-ass time." He scans the crowd around them. "Let's go find you someone who you'll never have to see again for the rest of your life, yeah?"