Fifty-Two

author's note: this chapter is def NSFW so feel free to skip to next chapter if you're uncomfy!next one will be posted soon :)

-------

𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙚

Cole is just grateful to see Freya smiling again. It always breaks his heart to see her sad, but he knew this time it was a sadness he didn't understand as well as her family—which is why he's glad he invited them to come on the date Freya needs it the most.

To give them time together, Cole spends a few hours at the practice rink before getting some things for dinner and returning to the apartment. There, Freya and her mom are sitting on the couch, while Mac scrolls through his phone at the counter.

When Cole steps through the door, Freya jumps to her feet to greet him. "Our room," Freya commands, pointing down the hall. 

He puts down the groceries and obeys. Our room. The words send a flutter of warmth into Cole's chest, and he never wants to let it go.

"What's up?" he asks as she shuts the door behind them.

For several long moments, she just stares at him from where she stands, even when Cole lowers himself down onto the edge of the bed. Abruptly, a smile breaks across her face, and she leaps onto him. They both fall back onto the bed, which makes Cole laugh. He wraps his arms around her then kisses the top of her head.

"Thank you," she breathes against him. "Thank you so much."

Cole runs his palm up and down her back. "Of course," he whispers into her hair. There's nothing he wouldn't do for this girl. Absolutely nothing.

"I'm so lucky," Freya concludes, lifting her chin to meet Cole's gaze.

He smiles and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear, pausing to admire her. "I'm the lucky one," he assures her.

At this, Freya sits up, one leg on either side of his lap, and tugs him towards her lips. She kisses him, slow and meaningful, then presses her forehead against his. Cole, always hungry for her, brings his hand behind her neck so that he can reach her again. When his tongue brushes against hers, a little moan escapes her throat, and it nearly drives Cole to the edge. He grabs Freya's ass to pull her further onto his lap, so that she can feel how much he wants her.

"Uh-oh," she sighs against his lips. "You gonna be able to survive until they head to the hotel later?" She cocks her head in the direction of the living room.

Cole leaves a kiss on her collarbone. "I think it's you who won't be able to survive," he goads.

Freya hums, sliding her fingers into his hair. "Guess we'll just have to make sure it's worth the wait," she tells him.

He skims his palm up her ribs, grazing the side of her breast before landing at her neck. "It will be," he promises, and he hears it when Freya's breath hitches in her throat. It's good to know she's as desperate for him as he is for her. "We gotta get back out there before things start looking suspicious," he murmurs.

With a disappointed groan, Freya climbs off his lap, though she glides her hand along the front of his pants for good measure as she does it. "Don't come out until you take care of that," she whispers, and then drops a kiss to his cheek before leaving him in the room alone.