Fifty

𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙚

Cole nearly carries Freya up to their hotel room, since she's so unsteady on her feet and insisting she's too tired to walk. When they finally get inside, Freya collapses onto the bed with a sigh.

"Sleepy, sleepy," she mumbles, which makes Cole laugh. She shoots up. "What are you laughing at?" she demands.

"You, pretty girl," he replies, removing his jacket.

"That's mean," Freya huffs. Cole approaches the bed and holds a hand out to her. "Where are we going?" she asks.

"Are you gonna sleep in your hockey jersey?" he inquires with a laugh. "And your jeans? And I know you'll be upset with me tomorrow if I don't make you take off your make-up and wash your face tonight."

Freya groans as Cole helps her to her feet again. "I'm never upset with you," she murmurs, eyelids heavy. "You're so perfect." She reaches for the buttons of his dress shirt and stammers, "Can we have sex tonight?"

Cole laughs, "No, baby, we're not having sex tonight." As Freya moans in frustration, Cole helps her out of his jersey that she's wearing, trading it for one of the t-shirts from his suitcase.

Once she's in sweatpants, she sits back down on the bed with a happy sigh. "Now I'm cozy," she announces.

Cole grins at her: she's so fucking adorable that he's almost too distracted to remind her, "Gotta wash your face, Frey."

With another exasperated groan, Freya makes her way to the bathroom, leaning on Cole the whole way there. He knows there's a good chance they'll be making the same exact trek from the bed to the bathroom in the middle of the night, when Freya inevitably has to throw up. Still, for now she's just giggling as she rinses her face, stealing glances at Cole in the bathroom mirror.

"I love you so much," she tells him.

He hands her a towel, which she uses to dry her cheeks, before he plants a kiss on her lips. "I love you, too, beautiful."

Once Freya is in bed, Cole gets out of his game-day attire and then slips in beside her. Freya squeezes close to him right away, letting out a contented hum. "I can't wait to do this every day forever," she whispers.

"What do you mean?" he asks, running his fingers through her hair.

"Because I'm gonna marry you," she explains, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "And we'll get to cuddle like this forever."

Cole kisses her forehead. "You know we basically live together, right?" he reminds her. "We already do it every night, silly."

Freya sighs, "I know, but it's not like—official." She lifts her chin to look up at him before adding, "Someday it'll be official."

He nods and smiles at her. "Yes, it will be," he promises.

"Good," she replies, resting her head on his chest again. "Now it's sleepy-time."

"Okay, love," he chuckles.

"I love you so much, Cole Caufield," Freya breathes.

Cole tightens his grip on her and whispers, "I love you, too."

-----