Forty-Two

freya

freya.elise.x on instagram: last night on the town before we get to be warm again!

tagged: colecaufield

Liked by colecaufield and 7,879 others.

Comments:

jessgalla: not packing a single sweatshirt 🤩

mac.pfieff11: im so jealous

trevorzegras: see yall down there in a few, i know itll be tough having fun without me the first couple days

tate_oconnor: i think you meant to say itll be tough having fun once you join us

↪↪trevorzegras: you love me and you know it

riley_davis: yall are literally so cute 🥹

random: are cole and freya dating???

↪↪random: ^^^^please tell us!!!!!

colecaufield: you're the prettiest date :)

random: HE CALLED HER HIS DATE, DOES THAT MEAN THEY'RE DATING

↪↪random: I THINK SO???

bradytkachuk: see u soon island life 😎

_quinnhughes: bungalow aint ready for us.

-------

𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕪𝕒

Freya, Tate, Jess, Riley, and Cole are the first to arrive at the St. Thomas bungalow. Cole sprained his shoulder in his second to last game—he was still able to play in their final match before the break, but the league is pretty strict about injured players sitting out the all-star game. So, even though Cole was selected by the league to participate, the team ends up sending Nick instead. Trevor and Jack, meanwhile, were selected for the skills competition, so they'll join the group later. The others, though, are all arriving later this afternoon.

The bungalow, which is bigger than Freya's actual home back in Florida, might just be the nicest place she's ever seen. "Holy shit," is the first thing she says when they step inside. Beside her, Cole scoffs in disbelief.

"Christ," Tate murmurs. "Have you been here before, Jessie?"

Jess pushes her sunglasses up onto her head. "Once," she replies, "when a group of us did a music video down here." She steps inside to the granite island in the center of the room.

Riley follows, eyes wide as she scans the great space. "How many rooms are in this place?" she marvels.

"Six, my manager said," Jess replies. "But if I remember right, they all only have one bed."

"Wait—how many of us are coming?" asks Freya, turning to look at Cole.

He counts on his fingers: "The five of us, Turc, Brady, Key, Josh, Quinn—Z and Jack in a few days."

"Twelve?" Riley pipes up. "That's two per room."

"We can room together, Riles," Jess suggests with a shrug.

Everyone turns to look at Tate, who just says, "Shit."

-------

𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙚

"Holy fuck," Key exclaims as he looks out over the beach from the back porch.

Cole, too, can only shake his head in disbelief. "This place is insane," he murmurs, taking a sip of his beer.

Brady, who is lounging in one of the Adirondack chairs beside them, inquires, "So, how are we sorting out this sleeping sitch?" He lowers his sunglasses just a little to peer at the other guys over the top of them. "Because I refuse to cuddle up in a queen bed with Norris—I did that enough when we were rookies." When Brady shoots him a glance, Josh just shrugs.

"Tate said one of you can stay with her," Cole begins, but before he can say more, Alex jumps off the railing where he'd been sitting and interrupts him.

"I'll do it!" he shouts. "I can't believe I'm actually gonna be living my dream."

"Whoa, whoa," Brady hurries, "who says it gets to be you?"

Alex blinks at him like he's insane. "Obviously it's me. I'm the one who's been fantasizing about her."

Cole laughs, "You didn't let me finish." They all turn to look at him before he goes on. "Freya and I think the only way to settle this is with a little friendly competition."

"A competition?" Josh echoes, shielding his eyes from the sun.

"What kind of competition?" Key presses.

It makes Cole grin. "The best kind."

-------

freya.elise.x's story:

x's story:

-------

jessgalla's story: