Twenty-Four

freya.elise.x's story:

x's story:

-------

riley_davis's story:

-------

𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕪𝕒

Messages

Conversation with Cole Caufield

Cole
hey frey, just wanted to say safe 
travels back home. hope you get
lots of sunshine and spend lots of 
time with your family :)

...

-------

When Freya pulls the rental car into her home's driveway, she can't help but smile. Her mother is already on the porch, jumping up and down as she waves.

Freya springs out of the car. "Mom!" she cries, almost in tears. Her mother pulls her into a hug, and over her shoulder Freya can see Wes and Wags scratching at the glass door. When they bark at her, she slips away from her mother to let them out. Within seconds, Freya is knocked off her feet, laughing as the dogs attack her with slobbery kisses.

"Mac ran out to get you some bagels from that place you like," Freya's mother comments, helping her daughter to her feet. "I know he's hoping he can convince you to take him out with you and your friends tonight."

Freya rolls her eyes: having a little brother is the same now as it was when she was twelve. He always wants to tag along. Truthfully, though, Freya has nearly outgrown her constant annoyance with Mac—even if he does still find news ways to get on her nerves.

Hurrying inside now, Freya searches Luna's favorite hiding places, finally discovering her on the dog bed in her mother's room. As Freya approaches, Luna lets out a squeaky meow, yawning. It's then that Freya feels her phone vibrate in her back pocket: it's Kathleen calling.