Chapter Four

With the annoying ring of Newtons alarm clock, the ache against my bone's seeps in with one last jut of magic against them I sit up straight. Out of the corner of my eye Newton falls backwards his hand shooting to his chest the look on his face making a smile dance around my own. Newton scrambles for a moment, his fingers grasping at where his glasses on the nightstand would be, his fingers snatching at air as he turns his head to face me.

"What was that for?!" He shouts glaring me down through his bangs.

"You're the one with the loud ass alarm!" I retort throwing my arms out, the sun slipping through the window onto his deep chestnut locks as I push my comforter out of my way. Stretching, I walk past him a sharp pain running up my foot as I snatch it up. Nearly falling back as my hand finds the base of my desk. 'FUCK' Looking to where my foot once was the shattered glass and bent frame come into view. "Shit, Uh, I'm sorry."

"Your got to be kidding me! My other pair won't be in till next week!!" He exclaims moving passed me to grab the pieces off the floor. The sharp pain against my foot as me fall back against my desk chair, a soft stream of crimson comes from the pads as I dig out the piece that found its home inside.

"Look, I said I was sorry. Again, if you hadn't woken me up with that loud ass alarm clock this wouldn't have happened!" Placing the piece onto my desk my foggy mind still between anger of having been woken up and sharp pain as I try my darndest not to step on any more run-away shards. Stepping passed him over and to my closest, I grab some decent-ish looking clothes and change since I must get up now.

"Really? Could you have waited till I left the room or something?" Newton shouts covering his eyes. Turning around I pull my shirt off.

"Oh, come now nerd. Live a little it isn't the first time you've seen me without my shirt on? Besides I should be blurry to those green shades."

"That's not the point!" Newton shouts grabbing his books off his desk. "I'm so done!" He continues opening the door with a few swipes of his hand as he keeps his eyes closed his hand out as he walks towards the door. "I'm going to class!" Finally finding the door he pulls it open, slamming it quickly behind him as his footfalls descend from the door.

'That was a start...'

Getting dressed, I pull on a pair of nice black sneakers on the soft tingle of my magic against my foot hopefully keeping the cut from bleeding more than it was earlier before looking around the room, and there sitting idly forgotten is Newton's keycard.

'Can't he forget a book of something? His keycard out of all things?'

Taking it off the nightstand, I pocket it before making sure I had my own. The argument playing in my mind.

'I really shouldn't have played that off the way I had. But I can't blame myself now, can I?'

Running my hand over my face I gather up a few books off my desk before making my way out of the room. Making sure the door was locked I walk away towards the common room luck being on my side it seemed like Newton stands beside one of the couches his hands digging through his pockets cussing lowly like a crazed dog.

"You got to be fucking kidding me? Did I seriously lose it? Or wait, did I leave it in the room?" He is now mumbling to himself, might as well go give it to him now. Things can't get any worse than it has already this morning. Striding over, I lift my hand up to tap his shoulder. Only to be yanked back and into a familiar chest.

"Garrett now isn't the best time." I snap turning my head towards him as I push off his chest his grip tight against my shoulder.

"What the fuck are you doing talking to that freak?" He questions, eyeing me for a moment as I roll my eyes. Taking a quick glance to make sure Newton was still mumbling to himself a thankful smile playing at my lips as he wasn't really paying attention.

"Were roommates' moron, I'm giving him back his keycard." Lifting it from my pocket I wave it in his face. Garrett's eyes seemed to light up a devious smirk drawing upon his face, me, and my big fucking mouth.

'This is why I shouldn't be awake this early in the morning. I am the definition of an indescribable moron!'

"Your roommate is the weirdo? What bad luck." Through each word his eyes glare Newton down who has finally gone from mumbling to giving up and gathering his things.

"Yes, dipshit now if you excuse me, I got to give this back to him before he gets to class." Yanking my shoulder away, I turn and make my way back over to Newton. Tapping his shoulder with his keycard he turns his head, his eyes squinting to look at me. "Forgot something puppy?"

Looking from me to the keycard his squinting eyes makes him look so funny from my perspective a smile barely making its way to my face. Taking it from me he shoves it into his pocket a reluctant thank you falling from his lips.

"Oh, come on 'FREAK' you can speak up, can't you?" Garrett leans against my shoulder eyeing Newton for a minute. At this moment I truly wish the common room was empty so that I could kick his ass right now. But no luck had to be on someone else's side today and so far, it dropped to this idiot.

"Garrett." I bite my tongue as he shrugs his shoulders. Pushing off me and passed Newton who is balling his fist like he's about to start World War three. Anger dancing over his shoulders as Garrett pulls me along, my fingers moving to pinch the space between the bridge of my nose. The headache from yesterday coming back full force. "Did you really have to do that?"

"What you mean? Yeah?" Garrett is quick to respond a smile on his face as he pulls me through the courtyard. "Besides, you shouldn't be even around that freak anyway. Bad Mojo dude."

'OH, MY GODS!!' IF Newton doesn't kill him, I will. Dumber than a box of bricks! He used to be a smart kid; I have no idea what happened. One minute he was second command to the nerd the next he's terrorizing him as much as I used too. If this idiot jus cost me my goal, I don't know what I'll do. 'Damn it all...'

***

Newton p.o.v

"What was up with Derek? Seemed more agitated than usual?" Gathering up my books I make my way to class. Everything blurry as hell, thank goodness for memorizing cause if I hadn't, I would have been lost by this point. Stepping into class I quickly move to my seat and pull out my phone. 'Guess I'll just have to record class and watch it later when I can see. What a headache.'

Class starts and moves as it usually does, up until I'm walking back from the last chime my phone dead and a raging migraine against my cornea's. Reaching the room, I can sort of make out Derek's clothes as I quirk my brow in confusion.

"What are you doing out in the hall?" The question seems to catch him off guard as my fingers dig into my pockets to remove my keycard.

"I either misplaced or someone stole my keycard..." Derek admits, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Handing him mine I can't really tell the look on his face but if I could have guessed shock possibly lays in place.

"Well, I'm blind as a bat right now so might as well use mine. Would probably miss the slider and get mad." I shrug, 'Why am I doing this again? He was just acting like such as ass this morning over my own glasses. Even then Garrett acted like more of a dick than usual. Which he doesn't seem to need much of a reason nowadays to go off on me anymore.'

Hearing the click of the door Derek places his hand on my elbow ushering me inside as he holds the door open. Stepping inside I place my books down on my desk the sound of my keycard landing beside them as I turn to look at Derek.

"So, what was up with Garrett this morning? I understand you guys don't need a reason anymore to make my life a living hell but at least make it more concrete." Falling back onto my bed, I remove my shoes and with hopeful well-placed aiming get them to the door. Only then do I realize the eerie silence between us. "Hey? You good?" I question his blurry form as it moves away from the closest.

"Yeah, yeah no worries!" He snaps falling onto his bed and pulling his covers over himself. What I could tell of him disappears under the covers as I shrug and lay back against my headboard. Plugging my phone up as soon as my fingers could find it.

'Weird...'