Chapter Fourteen

"So, what are we going to do? With break around the corner and classes. Which by the way I'm not letting you skip this time." Turning to face Derek he all but groans and lays back against my bed.

"Fuck." Derek curses a smirk on his face as he lays his hands over his eyes. His dark locks hanging off the edge of my bed.

"It there by any chance you can figure out if he's heading back to Aurora Springs. Or not?"

Humming Derek flips onto his stomach, pushing up to lean against his elbows.

"Maybe, I got to see if that group still likes me or not. Hopefully he hasn't spread to much bullshit rumors." Moving to throw his legs over the side of the bed Derek stretches.

"W-What if he has?" Looking away, I can see the soft smile on Derek's face as he stands up. Making his way towards his closet.

"Then I get to have a little fun. No need to worry too much puppy." Waving his hands, he pulls his jacket out. Throwing it over his shoulder as he steps passed me, his fingers grabbing his keycard as he moves towards the door. "I'll be back in a little bit, going to go see what I can pull out of thin air."

"D-don't use your magic or at least not too much of it." Derek nods leaving the room. Running my hands over my face I lean against my knees as the empty air digs at my mind.

'If this doesn't work, I don't want him to get hurt. But on the other hand, I know he has a few trick up his sleeves.'

Getting up I grab my own keycard and books before moving to class. With how things are going there is no need to worry now. Things will work out, hopefully.

Stepping into the hall the eerie silence hits my senses. Looking around the hall is as empty of the usual batch of people. Something feels off, keeping my guard up I make my way through the hall. Out of the building and towards the class building my nerves over my shoulder as the feeling of eyes grew.

***

Reaching the top floor, the soft thumping music hits my ears. Looking like they were able to put things back up in here.

'Wonder how fast I can do this?'

The bouncer looks at me as I saunter passed. The familiar aroma of weed and alcohol hitting my senses. Chuckling I step over to the bar, the barkeep eyes me for a minute before leaning forward.

"Derek? Where you been? Some wild shit has come up my man and it isn't good."

"Let me guess Garrett?" The barkeep nods motioning with their eyes towards the back of the room. Following his gaze, I can see Garrett and some girls hanging on either side of him. "Pile of shit, you know his words are good here."

The barkeep nods a smirk on his face as he pulls a glass out, pouring a nice clear liquid before pushing it over to me.

"On the house tonight if ya need anything let me know." Thanking him with a nod, I take the drink and make my way over to the small group. Chatting it up for a few minutes, I can feel eyes boring into the back of my skull.

'Bingo.'

Out of the corner of my eyes Garrett gets up, pushing the girl that clung to his arm, and making his way over to the bathrooms. His eyes trailing me as he storms passed. Looking over to the girl a sharp glare meets my eyes. Waving she folds her arms over her chest. Sauntering over I fall into the seat next to her.

"Hey sweetie? What's got you looking all pouty over here? Especially at me like that." Reaching for her drink she looks away from me grumbling.

"What do you want bitch?" She sneers, looking back over to me as she lulls her drink a sudden flash of surprise gracing her features as the smirk never leaves my face.

"Just a few questions doll face, and I'll be on my merry way." Taking a slow sip of my own drink she eyes me over the lip of her own drink. " By any chance do you know if Garrett is taking the break off anywhere?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" She asked with a raised brow. Pulling a sarcastic chuckle from my lips.

"Oh, honey did you not hear? Limp dick and I are no longer associates. More, so just curious. We come from the same small town and all, and I want to make sure to stay as far away from there if he is going." Watching her down her drink a smirk plays on her lips. The liquid all but disappearing down her lips as she places the drink down.

"Well, I shouldn't be telling you, but yeah he's heading back home to introduce me to his family. Jealous? ~"

"Nah, have fun." I smirk shaking my head, "But fair warning sweetie he isn't what he says." Pinching two fingers together, I get up and walk back over to the barkeep. Handing him the now empty drink out of the corner of my eye her face is a bright red. Reaching for her drink she grasps it for a second before releasing it.

Garrett returns shortly after as I get another drink. Downing it before flipping the empty glass over on the counter.

"Thanks, keep."

Nodding he takes the glass as I get up and head over to the door. Garrett's eyes watching my every step before the doors close. The bouncer giving me a tired nod before returning to checking other people into the room.

"Wonder if getting that as quick as I did gets me any brownie points?" Chuckling to myself, I make my way back to the room. Newtons alarm clock blaring as soon as I enter making my heart jump a good foot as my fingers grip my chest. Cursing it, I gather my books and make my own way to class.

***

Walking through the halls Derek's voice reaches my ears a smirk covering the words as he stepped up beside me.

"Guess what?" Looking towards him, a set of books under one arm and a pencil behind his slightly pointed ears. I hum at him as we walk towards the library. "I have a proposition for you." Taking the pencil out from behind his ear he jabs the eraser into my chest. "I know where he's going. But because I was able to get the information so quickly you got to let me do something?"

"And what pray tell do you want for the information?" The joking tone to my voice making Derek chuckle as we enter the library. Slipping passed my arm he takes my free hand and pulls me up the stairs to the second floor. Reaching the far back of the library where a small table and chairs sit unoccupied.

Not many people head this far back into the library, beside the librarian himself. Even then most of the books people are looking for are placed up front for convenance. The dust visible against the surfaces as Derek takes my books from my hands. Placing them on the desk along with his books.

"A kiss, can be on the cheek but you got to give me one before I tell you anything." The joking tone against Derek's voice makes me chuckle as I smirk and shake my head.

"Fine. But you got to close your eyes, Deal?" The smirk on his face falls as he half-heartedly glares at me. Holding my hand out he takes it reluctantly before nodding.

"Deal." With that, he closes his eyes. Shaking my head, my face is already heating up.

'I know this deal was more of a joke but right now I wish he could have chosen a more secluded place. Well, I guess this part of the library is secluded if the dust has anything to say about it.'

"Lift your head up a bit, would you?"

"Not my fault you skyrocketed after high school!" Derek retorts, his body shivering as I shake and lift his head up a bit with my hands against his neck.

"Just do it okay, I already feel like I'm about to pass out from all the blood rushing towards my face. Your smirk isn't helping."

"Fine." Following my hand, he lifts his head. Taking a deep breath, I lean forward and plant a kiss against his lips. Feeling the goosebumps against my fingertips as I pull back, his lips following me for a second before pulling back with a soft smile.

"There, happy?"

Derek nods the smile never falling as my hand moves from his neck. Leaning up a bit he kisses my cheek quickly before speaking.

"Yep, now shall we commence with plan 'Fuck up Garrett's life?'"

"Gladly."