Chapter Seven

Three months, three fucking months and Newton has been ignoring me again. I don't know what I did or who messed with him, but this is driving me nuts. I've been contemplating calling my mother out of all people, and that can go of two ways. She'll either tell me to calm down before I snuff myself out or to tell him straight up how I feel.

Both options have my nerves on fire, my feelings moving all sort of ways. But as reluctant as my brain is I know she's the only one to understand what's really going on. I don't even think Newton's mother knows; I hope.

Sitting out on the lawn out front of the school, fingers tapping away at the back of my phone in thought.

"Fuck it..." I curse and hit the dial for her number, hearing the first ring I place it against my ear. The soft click and agitated sigh hit my ears.

"You still haven't told him?!" She immediately exclaims, a groan leaving my lips as I lift my hand to run through my dark hair.

"Hi to you too Ma, and no, no I haven't. This is a lot harder than it looks. Compared to you and the old man, you both got lucky as hell.", "I'm not that old KIDDO!!" My father's voice comes from across the room, barely legibly from where he was probably standing across the room. A smirk crosses my face at his voice.

"Hey dad, am I on speaker?" The soft hum reaches my ears of affirmation, I lay back on the grass. "I don't know what to do, he's been ignoring me for the last three months. Just gives me the keycard to our room and leaves."

"You still haven't found your keycard?", "Nah." I quickly respond, the feeling of eyes on my drawing my attention. Looking out of my peripheral vision I can see Garrett standing off to the side against one of the pillars out front a cigarette hanging from his lips. "But I have an idea who may have it. I just don't want to be around them..." I hiss out the last bit of my sentence, my eyes drawing back up towards the clouding skies.

"What do I do Ma? How did you confess your obsession to dad?" Laughter reaches my ears from the old man as shuffling and my mother finally answered.

"Well, sweetie it took me till the middle of my second year to even pull the courage to ask him out on a single date, to tell him what we are and talking about the obsession was a whole different night in general."

"I had only read about the basic succubus/incubus by that point, you bet I was confused when she explained there where different types out there my mind was in a whirl. I- I was very simple minded back then." My father's voice slipped into the conversation with a soft chuckle making me shake my head with a smirk.

"Took you over a week to come around to the idea. After that, full nosedive into a bunch of books, anything he could possibly find in the school's religious section. Which was a whole different conversation about how it wouldn't talk about or type. Had to give him that journal that my grandad gave me once I came of age." After a moment of silence, the thought finally dawns on me as I sit up straight.

"Which reminds me I'll need that book, by any chance could you send it to me?" I ask as I push up off the grass, Garrett's intense staring making me feel uncomfortable. "But, after everything that happened, it's just making me feel like shit, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to tell him Ma."

"Well, I've explained to his mother what happened was more of a denial response at the time so maybe she'll talk to him." Those words make me freeze, my heart tightening as I the next words pulled out in a low stutter.

"Y-You did what?!"

'She wouldn't have, would she? Oh shit... why do I feel nauseas suddenly? Holy shit I need to go. Need to get back to our room and chill out for a minute.'