Chapter Eighteen

"DEREK GABRIEL SHAW!!" The shrill shout makes its way through the woods making my heart drop as I duck behind Newton.

"What did you do?"

"Fuck if I know." I grumble back watching as my mother rounds the corner behind some trees her own spaded tail low and dangerous as stops in front of us.

"Yes?" I question her and she runs her hands over her face.

"Derek my child, my sweet baby, I'm going to tear your little head off I swear!" Within her hands sit a familiar dark pouch, gulping I lift a finger.

"To my credit I hadn't had to use it in a month are so." The pouch all but disappearing within her grasp arms moving to fold over her chest.

"Newton, sweetie could you please move I must kick some more sense into my only son." The soft threatening tone against her voice makes Newton shutter nervousness against his form.

"B-but miss Shaw-"

"Angelia dear." She cuts him off with the quick correction. "Angelia I- promise you he hasn't used it please don't be mad with him." Newton quickly spoke trying his hardest to keep a courageous face.

"Darling I'm not mad, frustrated but not mad." She spoke calmly as I lean to whisper into Newton's ear.

"I can say she isn't lying." I shrug stepping out from behind Newton as her tail wraps around my wrist pulling me along as she turns away. Leading me down towards the house. "Mother please I am feeling a bit better than I would have ever been when I first left."

"Do you need me to refill it?" She finally says the eerie silence that led to her words making me far worse than I would feel with anyone else.

"No mother. I'll be okay."

"Newton?" She questions and I lift my hand to titter it a bit in front of me. She grins her tail dropping from my wrist as she looks back. "Well, I'm happy you two finally where able to move passed what happened."

"I'm just glad he doesn't hate me anymore."

"Never hated you, was mad at you yeah but I never hated you." Newton's words made me jump as I turn and look to see he had been following us.

"Fucking hell don't do that you going to give me a heart attack." I shout hitting his chest as he steps over to us.

"Sorry for kind of following but we are kind of heading in the same direction." My mother chuckles as Newton shrugs his shoulders. Turning my head to look at her my fingers snatch Newton's glasses off his nose. "HEY?!" He shouts as I jump back and away from his hands.

"That's what you get for jump scaring me Nerd!" I shout as his hands reach out to grab me. "We will meet you at the house!" I shout towards my mother as I rush to get away from the stumbling Newton. The laughter that follows becomes nothing but silence as she disappears towards the house.

"GET BACK HERE!" Newton shouts rushing after me, laughter pulling form my lips as I duck out of the way.

"Oh, come on now puppy~" I joke about a smile against my face as his fingers finally grasp the front of my shirt. Pulling me forward as I kick my foot up knocking us onto the dirt floor. His glasses falling from my hands as he pins my arms above my head.

"Are you done?" Newton questions a slight joking tone to his words as my tail whips around my side gripping his leg.

"I don't know a little air sounds nice right about now."

A look of surprise hits his features as I wrap my legs around his waist and tilt him to one side, Newton's back hits the dirt as his fingers release my wrist. Now straddling the flustered werewolf, he lays their wide eyed. Something dancing against those sharp orbs.