Chapter Nineteen

After a long meeting of Newton glaring down his sister and wanting to punch her square in the jaw, we head over to their mothers house their aunt sits off to the side against the porches banister her eyes closed. As Mac passes a hand hitting his shoulder sharply, he hisses snapping his head towards her and releasing a guttural rumbling growl.

"Don't even think about it Maci I'll call your boyfriend." Lifting his hand, he rubs his shoulder for a second. Turning back towards the door he stomps inside a smile upon her face as Lilith steps up to her.

"Auntie, Newton is being a little shit!" She jokes pointing a finger towards Newton who currently was mumbling under his breath in thought. Lifting his head up he hums and looks between them.

"What?"

"Don't worry Newt your sister is being a little sore ass." Lilith lifts right hand to her chest a playful shock on her face. "Ooh, I like him Newt you better keep him."

"Other way around." I respond as Newton's mouth opened and closed a blush making itself onto his face. The quirked brow against his aunt's face doesn't surprise me. Lilith head into the house as his aunt steps in front of us a look between us before gripping Newton's collar.

Checking the edges of his collar her eyes snap from him to me. Mouth opening and closing for a second, gapping for a minute before Mrs. M's voice broke the awkward gawking.

"Let him go sis."

"Fucking finally!!" She shouts making Newton and Mrs. M jump a bit.

"Don't fucking do that!" Mrs. M shouts pushing passed us, hitting her sister as she passes.

"What was that for Edith?!" She shouts and like children they make their way inside. A smile making its way onto my face as I grab Newton's arm and pull him inside.

'I missed this, Newton's pack may be a small one, but it is well known. His father made that so before passing away. Only a few hunters have ever tried to go after them. Each ending either dead or so scared they would never look at a regular wolf the same way again.'

Edith takes a seat at the head of the dining table as we step inside, Mac to her right, and her sister in the second chair to her left. Lilith motioning for Newton and leaving me at the doors frame. They both return shortly after with a smaller man the almost palish complexion a contrast to both their freckled tans.

"Will you be joining us for dinner or just standing there?" Edith finally questions me as I snap my attention from them. Nodding slowly, she motions towards the chair nearest to her sister, taking my seat Newton falls into the seat across from me and next to the smaller man. Mac's large hand laying against their leg a soft smile upon curly almost wild orange locks stares back up at him.

Watching Edith and Mac prep dinner was awfully calming the food a familiar match of meats and veggies that only Edith could make up for such a quick notice.

"Could you pass the salt." Mac motions towards Newton who eyeballs the feast for a minute his hand finally finding the salt and handing it off to him. Lifting his foot, he nudges my foot while I take a bit of some surprisingly spicy porkchops.

Nudging his foot back a smile is visible through the fork in his mouth as Mac hands who I could only assume was his partner the salt, his eyes looking towards the back of his wrist nodding slowly as though preparing for something. After another hour of cheerful talking Mac gets up from the table nodding towards Edith as his hand runs by the others shoulder.

"Time for us to head to the bar. Can't keep it closed tonight." Mac mumbles, grasping his plate as his partner gets up taking his plate and following behind him.