Ch. 9 Animosity

Sua woke up late the next day. The sun was already high, lighting up the room even through the curtains which were still closed. She stretched her hands above her head, her movements restricted by a long leg which was trapping the lower half of her body under it.

Tae.

She had slept the entire night in his room. Not that it was the first time but it still made her a little uncomfortable. She carefully slipped out of his grip and made her way to her room. She ran up the stairs as fast as she could without making any sound. She didn't want to attract any attention to the fact that she had spent the entire night with him wearing only Namjoon's old hoodie and her panties.

She quickly took a shower and pulled on fresh clothes leaving her wet hair to dry naturally. She looked into the mirror at the small makeshift dresser that Namjoon and Yoongi had made for her. Her face looked fresh from her shower. She put on some moisturiser and hand combed her wet hair to make it look a little presentable. She didn't use any makeup these days, not like she would be leaving the estate anyway and the boys all liked her just the way she was, something they made a point to tell her every day.

She just applied some lip balm and headed downstairs. She had overslept today. Jin had probably already made breakfast, she thought guiltily. Hurrying into the kitchen, lost in her own thoughts she completely missed the guy sitting at the kitchen island quietly sipping tea. She quickly put on a pot of water on the stove and walked to the fridge to pull out eggs and a loaf of bread.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked from his perch at the island.

"Bah!" she exclaimed falling back barely holding on to the carton of eggs in her hand. She stood up again laying a hand on her chest.

"You scared the life out of me." She said her heart still trying to jump out of her chest.

"Yeah? Not my fault that you're completely oblivious to your surroundings" he muttered.

Sua looked at him. She knew him of course, she had seen him heartlessly shoot a man in the head. The youngest member of the family she had come to love as her own. Youngest and the most ruthless from what she had seen and heard of him. Looking at him now sitting there at the kitchen counter, dressed casually in jeans and a hoodie he looked about as harmful as Yeontan. The tattoos on his hand and his piercings were the only things that reminded her of the cold-blooded killer in the alley. She looked at his face again, so handsome yet so cold. His dark eyes were staring back at her in disdain.

"You're staring" he chuckled.

She averted her gaze and scoffed. "You wish." She muttered under her breath, turning around to place the eggs on the counter behind her.

"What did you say?" His voice was much closer. Closer than she'd expected. She swiftly turned back around to find herself caught in his dark glare. His face loomed close to her own. Her breath hitched as his warm breath mingled with hers.

He placed his hands on the counter locking her between his hard body and the counter pressing into her back. "Tell me what you said" he whispered titling his head slightly as he brought it even closer to her. His lips only inches from her own. His gaze holding her in place unable to process any rational thoughts. Her heart thudded loudly filling her ears with an odd buzzing sound. She felt dizzy as he inched even closer making her chest press into his muscular one. She swallowed loudly.

"Sua?" Jimin called from the doorway. "What's going on?" He asked eyeing the two of them pressed so close to each other.

Jungkook smirked at her. "Saved by the bell" he whispered only for her to hear as he stepped away from her.