Ch. 11 Revelations

Jimin had been avoiding her.

There was no other explanation. She hadn't seen or heard from him in two weeks. He was gone before she woke up and didn't come home until very late.

Sometimes he didn't come home at all.

She missed him terribly. Of all the brothers, Jimin was the one that spent most amount of time with her. And ever since the dinner she hadn't heard so much as a peep from him.

She'd never had a best friend before. Her father had prohibited any and all relations under the fear that she might reveal his identity. He was a US Congressman after all and she was his illegitimate daughter. But she had a few friends at Uni. However, no-one was ever close enough to be called a best friend. Until she had met Jimin and Tae.

Even Jungkook was avoiding her but that felt more like a blessing. After their make out session in the kitchen that night, he seemed to want to avoid any form of contact with her, which was fine by her.

He avoided any direct contact with her but at least she saw him around the house occasionally. That was a lot more than Jimin, who she actually wanted to see and talk to more than she wanted her next breath.

She had tried staying up late at night a few times. She would sit on the living room sofa waiting for him to come home but would eventually fall asleep and then somehow wake up in her own bed. She wondered who had been carrying her to bed, two stories up without waking her.

She had even tried waking up early to catch him before he left. But she didn't own an alarm clock so it was difficult. She would leave her curtains open and sleep in a position where the first rays of the sun would hit her eyes. It worked a few times but for most of those times Jimin hadn't come home.

Only once had she almost caught him. She had woken up at the break of dawn, rushing out of her room and down the stairs. When she had heard the front door closing, she had run down the stairs as if her life depended on it, running with all her might, out the front door, screaming his name, only to watch him drive away in his car.

That was over a week ago. She hadn't been able to catch a single glimpse of him since. She felt restless and lonely. It was affecting her mood, her music and even her cooking.

She was cooking breakfast for Jin when Jungkook came in. He almost walked back out but she turned around and looked at him so he stopped awkwardly.

"The tea is still hot if you want some." She pointed at the teapot on the island.

"Uhm.... Ok. Thanks." He picked up one of the clean cups and poured himself some tea. He took a small sip and brightened immediately "Kombucha?" he asked.

She shrugged.

"It's my favourite!" he said happily.

"I know" she muttered under her breath.
Jin had been around earlier and told her it was Jungkook's favourite tea. It had been sold out in their local market so Jin had ordered it online.

"Thank you. Wow" he said closing his eyes and taking another sip.

She simply turned back to her cooking. "Would you like some breakfast too?"

"No. I had dinner late last night."

"OK then." She continued making breakfast for Jin.

"I would like your help with something else though, if you don't mind?" he spoke quietly.

"What?" she asked turning around again.

"I need your help with Bam." He said sheepishly.

"What?" she asked again stupidly, unable to believe they were actually having a normal conversation.