Epilogue: Ever After

Two months later....

Jimin checked the mic hidden amongst the flowers for the third time.

"Mic check" he whispered into it. He looked over at Jin who stood behind the bushes. He held a thumbs up to Jimin.

Namjoon and Hobi were making sure everything looked perfect. They had built a small canopy in the meadow on the estate. It was her favourite spot.

It had all been Jungkook's plan. He and Sua had been inseparable for the last two months. They were making everyone gag with their happy couple vibes. Though they kept the PDA to a minimum, their nights seemed to shake the whole house. At least that's how it felt to Jimin, no one else had commented on it. He'd had to move to Sua's old room to get away from it. He didn't mind but it did still hurt.

Jungkook had wanted to propose Sua in the most romantic way possible. He had racked his brain for days before Jin hyung suggested he do it on the estate. Her home was where she was the most happy, he had reasoned.

Hence all the preparations and decorations. Jungkook wanted it to be perfect and he wanted it to be recorded. So he had harassed them all until they had agreed to help. So here they were, waiting for her to arrive. Namjoon had asked her to get dressed for a party, saying he wanted to take her out. He would bring her here instead and Jungkook would surprise her.

Jimin was happy for him. As happy as he was capable of being in his position. Time had done nothing to change his feelings towards Sua, neither had her relationship with his brother. He still loved her and it still hurt.

He watched Jungkook pacing with anxiety and shook his head. "Stop it. It's annoying" Jimin said.

Jungkook giggled. "I'm feeling nervous" he resumed the pacing again.

"Why would you be nervous? Anyone with eyes can see how much she loves you" Jimin grumbled.

"Of course she does and I love her just as much, maybe more" he said dreamily.

It made Jimin nauseous.

"Can you believe it? I'm going to propose" His eyes flittered around. "Who would have thought I would be the first to fall?" He laughed nervously.

Jimin made a non-committal sound.

"I can't believe I almost sent her to you. It could have been you here in my place today" Jungkook said.

"What?" Jimin's head whipped in his direction.

He laughed again. "Yeah! I was going to give her up. I told her she should be with you because you are so much better than me. She came to your room that night, almost knocked before I came to my senses and whisked her away. Sorry hyung! I know how you feel"

"I don't feel anything" Jimin looked away. "She wouldn't have been with me even if you had sent her. She would have still loved you."

"You really think so?" Jungkook asked.

"I know so. I lost her the moment she laid eyes on you" Jimin said quietly.

"I really am sorry, hyung" Jungkook said softly.

Jimin nodded. It wasn't his fault, Sua had made her choice. It was fair.

"There's something I need to confess, Jimin-ah" Jungkook said sadly.

Jimin looked at the younger one again. "Fire away"

"You'll probably hate me for the rest of our lives but I need to get it off my chest. I cannot live like this anymore" Jungkook said. He needed to confess to it before starting his life with Sua.