Ch. 17 Impasse

They had been back from the nightclub for hours but Jungkook had been unable to sleep. The whole evening kept replaying on a loop in his mind. He had taken a cold shower and when that had done nothing to ease his mind, he had headed to the gym. He hoped a rigorous workout would tire him enough to fall asleep.

He had been punching the bag to relieve his pent up frustration for almost 20 minutes. His muscles were now screaming in protest, his breathing was harsh and his punches were slowing.

He stopped and hugged the bag for support as exhaustion overpowered him, holding on till he could catch his breath. He heard a splashing sound outside. He turned around to look out of glass wall on one side of gym which overlooked the pool and saw a silhouette moving through the water with flashes of red. He looked at his watch, it was just after 2 am.

He let go of the bag and grabbed a towel on his way out to investigate who else was suffering from a sleepless night tonight.

He saw the white cover up robe draped over one of pool chairs before he saw her. She was on the far end of the pool, still unaware of his presence. He quickly stripped down to his boxer briefs and dived into the cool water.

He swam over to her quickly. When his head came up next to her, she splashed water on his face and he sputtered. She laughed quietly. The breathy laughter made the muscles in his abdomen clench. Her laughter also moved the red bikini clad perky breasts in his direction. His eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He was sure she was sent from his personal hell to torment him.

She splashed him again, the cold water hitting his heated face.

He flashed her an evil grin as he splashed her repeatedly with his much larger hands, not giving her a chance to breathe. She quickly ducked underwater and swam away from him. He followed. She was fast, he thought. He was tired from his workout but even if he hadn't been, he wasn't sure he would have been able to catch up to her. When he came up for breath on the other side, she looked at him with her brow arched, leaning on the edge of the pool as if she was waiting for him.

"Someone told me you were a good swimmer but you're too slow" she said with her tongue firmly tucked in her cheek.

"I am a good swimmer. But human, not a fish like you."

"A fish? Did you just call me a fish?" She asked annoyed.

"How about a mermaid then" he asked moving closer, crowding her against the edge of the pool. "A siren. Who sings only for me." He whispered close to her ear.
"And I can't resist that call anymore" he said trailing soft kisses cross her jawline.

"I'm not calling to you" she managed, her voice quivering slightly.

He lifted his head and looked at her. "Aren't you?" He asked. His fingers brushed up her arm, raising goosebumps on her cream skin.

She shook her head slightly.

"And what is this then?" He asked pinching the strap of her red bikini and pulling it off her shoulder as he lay a kiss on her bare shoulder.

"And this?" He asked stroking her cheek lightly, watching as it stained red. He kissed that too.

"And this?" He asked as he lowered his head and slanted his mouth almost touching hers.

Her eyes fluttered close and her lips parted in anticipation.

He chuckled and her eyes flew open. She shoved against his chest trying to get away. He chuckled again pulling her to him.

As she felt the proof of his desire against her pelvis she stilled and looked up into his heated gaze.

"Not this time, Siren. You're not running away from me this time." He said as he held her tightly to his frame. "This time, I plan on finishing what we've started." She shuddered in his arms but didn't pull away. He took that as consent.