Ch. 20 Lost

Jin looked around at all his brothers gathered around the table. Everyone looked like the light had gone out of their lives. There were still a few sniffles coming from Taehyung and Hobi, Yoongi looked stoic.

Jin's eyes turned to Jungkook who looked completely heartbroken. He was staring into space with a dead look in his eyes. His little brother, who was always full of life and happiness, looked empty. Jin had overheard his conversation with Taehyung earlier and if what he understood from it was true, Jungkook and Sua had spent the night together. So, it was understandable that  Jungkook was taking her disappearance harder than any of them.

He cleared his throat. "I know she asked us not to look for her but I want to let you all know, that I don't plan on sitting around and not doing anything."

Everyone stared at him.

"I let my sister down by not looking for her then. I can't do the same to Sua. I won't. I'm going to look for her" Jin continued. "I'll understand if any one of you would like to respect her wishes and not join me"

"But where do we start? For all we know she's halfway to America by now" Namjoon remarked.

"Why would she go to America?" Jimin asked confused.

"Because she's American" Tae answered quietly.

"You know?" Jin asked him.

Tae nodded. "I looked into her the day she woke up and told us her name. When there wasn't anything on her locally, I looked internationally."

"And you didn't think the rest of us deserved to know?" Hobi asked.

"I figured she would tell you whenever she was comfortable enough to do so. There was nothing wrong or untrustworthy in her background." Except her father being a political person, Tae thought. But he decided to keep that information to himself.

"She told me" Jin answered. "And I told Namjoonie"

"And I told Kookie" Namjoon interjected.

"She told me too" Yoongi answered quietly.

"Wow" Jimin scoffed. "Guess we weren't as close as I thought"

"Don't think of it like that Jimin-ah. I knew but she never told me this herself. I guess it's not something she was comfortable talking about" Tae tried.

Jimin looked away. "It doesn't matter anyway. It doesn't matter where she's from. What matters is where she is right now. I'm going to look for her, Jin hyung. I think she's gone to turn herself in to Boss Choi." He squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. His head was still hurting like a bitch. "I can't even imagine what he would do to her. It's making my skin crawl"

"I think the same" Jin agreed.

"You think she went to Choi? Why would she do that, is she nuts?" Yoongi but out.

"She wouldn't run away. She'd want to ensure that we were safe. The only way to do that, would be to give the man threatening us, what he wants" Jin answered.

"Then she's probably already been taken to Busan." Yoongi muttered.

"We need to start setting out feelers, gather information" Namjoon said rising. "I don't think we have much time" his voice shook.

Jungkook was trembling in his chair, barely listening to the conversation flowing on the table. If she had really gone to Boss Choi instead of running away, he didn't think he could take it. Tae was right, he was the one who had prompted her to take this step. He didn't need Jimin to voice these thoughts, his brain was capable enough to conjure the most horrifying scenarios in his mind. His eyes glistened again. If she's hurt...