Ch. 22 Never Letting Go

Jungkook woke with a start. His bed was empty. His brothers had probably left sometime after he had fallen asleep. He flipped on to his back and stared at the ceiling. His eyes felt itchy and dry. He rubbed a hand on his face. He didn't want to be here, he thought. He should be with Sua, taking care of her, helping her get better, bring her back home. Here, where she belonged.

He didn't know how long he had been in bed. He turned on his phone and blinked at it a few times to make sure he was seeing it right. He had slept for over two days straight.

He lunged out of bed. Had Jin hyung come back? Was Sua okay? Was she home? he wondered as he dialled Jin. The call went straight to voicemail. He hurried out of the room, still trying to call Jin.

He rushed down the stairs hoping in his heart that she was here.

He entered the living room and saw Namjoon sitting on the couch and watching the news. Before Jungkook could say anything, the news stopped him in his tracks.

"The victim of the gang war in Busan was identified as an American national named Yoon Suassi."

A small distorted picture of her flashed in the corner of the screen.

"She was found in a pool of her own blood by Chairman and CEO of Kim Industries, Kim Seokjinssi. As per information received, he was scouting the area to find a suitable location for his expansion project in Busan when he heard a woman screaming and then gunshots."

An old picture of Jin from an event flashed on the screen.

"Sources say Soekjinssi followed the ambulance to the Busan Medical Center"

The video showed Government Vehicles with American flags on them, arriving at the hospital.

"The American Embassy authorities have visited the hospital and have posted officials on guard duty. The hospital authorities and the police have refused to comment further on this incident. However, Seokjinssi was suspiciously seen arguing with the hospital staff as well as the authorities, demanding to see the victim."

A distorted picture of Jin talking to the hospital staff flashed on the screen.

"Considering the victim was brought in with five bullet wounds, the authorities are not willing to take any risks and have managed to keep him away until the Embassy can track down her family."

A picture of Jin sitting in the hospital lobby with his head in his hands showed up on the screen.

"An inside source has informed us that the victim was brought in, in a very critical condition with not much hope for recovery. The source also informed us that he has spotted Seokjinssi crying in the waiting room. Seokjinssi has not left the medical facility even after multiple warnings. For someone who just happened to randomly find a victim of a violent crime, he sure seems to care about her a lot."

The picture of Jin in the lobby flashed again.

"The present status of the victim's condition is not known. We are trying to get more information on the matter."

The image of Jin hyung in the hospital pulled at his heartstrings. "Hyung" he whispered.

Namjoon turned around and looked at him, quickly turning off the TV.

"Jungkook-ah?" He got up "Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

Jungkook swayed slightly on his feet. "Five?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

Namjoon looked at him in confusion.

"Five bullet wounds" he whispered to himself as his vision started to blur again. "How can she make it through that? Would she leave me? She must have been in so much pain...." His voice trailed away.