Ch. 13 Rejuvinate

Sua had successfully avoided Jungkook for the last fifteen days. She knew his routine so she stayed out of his way and he stayed out of hers. That was exactly how she wanted to keep it or at least that's what she told herself. Thinking of being close to him again sent a chill through her bones.

She left food for him on the kitchen island or in the refrigerator with post it notes with his name on them. The empty bowls were the only indication he had eaten. Other than that there was no contact between them.

He had tried to kill her but if she was honest with herself, that was not what scared her. She had been close to death multiple times over the last three years. Though it wasn't something one could get used to, it had definitely removed the fear of death from her mind. No, what scared her was how she still felt for him inspite of what he had done. Her heartbeat still quickened when she heard footsteps until she realised it wasn't him behind her, the disappointment she felt when she hadn't run into him even once, was what scared her more than death.

So even if everything else seemed fine, avoiding the one person her eyes involuntarily searched for, was a task in itself and it tired her out.

The rest of the brothers had tip toed around her at first, worried that she might want to leave after what had happened. Tae'd had a complete breakdown begging her to stay. She had spent hours convincing him that she wasn't going to leave. He still clung to her whenever he got the chance as if she was going to disappear at any moment. Even Yoongi seemed on edge, constantly making sure she was okay and didn't lack for anything. But now he wasn't home, she thought. He hadn't been home in almost a week.

There had been no family dinners or other group activities. Jimin and Jungkook were also avoiding each other which made it difficult for everyone to be in the same room at once. And though she and Jimin seemed fine outwardly, they were far from okay. Jimin still didn't come to talk to her like he did before but he wasn't completely avoiding her and she had to be happy with what she got.

Atleast nobody had asked her about Song-i, she thought, she had been Jin's sister and had been in love with Jimin but how did Jungkook fit into that picture was a mystery to her. Had he been in love with her? she wondered. There was no way of knowing at least not right away. She didn't want to have to relive those memories again. Jin seemed to have conducted a family meeting when she was sleeping and let them know about everything that had happened.

She didn't know how much he had disclosed, but since there weren't any questions raised, she was content to ignore the whole incident. Except for the bruises on her throat. They had turned a deep purple. She had come downstairs the next day, without looking into the mirror. The collective gasp at the breakfast table was enough to tell her they were hideous. She had now taken to wearing a scarf around her neck at all times.

"Come on." Hobi said drawing her out of her thoughts.

She had been sitting in the library with a book open on her lap and staring at the same page for the last twenty minutes. She was so lost in her own world that she hadn't even noticed when Hobi had come in and sat in front of her.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, surprised to see him there.

"Let's go out today." Hobi said casually.

"Out? Where?" She asked

"I don't know. Anywhere you want." He shrugged.

"I'm fine, Hobi" she answered.

"No you are not. But you will be." He said smiling warmly at her. "But today we are going out Sua. I will not take no for an answer."

She sighed.

"Come on. Don't be such a downer. I'll take you to the beach. A bit of sun and sand would do you a world of good." Hobi assured.