Ch. 23 Still With You

Four months later.....

Jungkook's phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out. Jin hyung, he sighed as he answered the call.

"Hyung?" He asked.

"How are you doing, Dongsaeng?" Jin asked

"As good as can be expected, I guess"

"You should come home now, Jungkook-ah"

"Home?" Jungkook whispered.

Jin hesitated. "Yes. Home. Come back to us Kookie"

"My home, my heart, my whole world is right here hyung." Jungkook replied quietly.

"Please Jungkook-ah. Let us help you heal" Jin pleaded.

"Heal from what? I'm fine. I'm just waiting for her."

"Jungkook-ah, its been over four months. I think you've waited long enough."

His heart clenched at his hyung's words.

There was a soft scuffle on the line and then Namjoon came on the call.

"I'm not taking no for an answer anymore, Kookie. I have given you enough time to come to terms with the fact that she's gone. Get a grip and come home or else we are coming there to get you." Namjoon said sternly.

"I can't come home without her, hyung" Jungkook sighed "There's no home for me without her in it. I promised Taehyungie hyung I'd bring her home. I will."

"Jungkookah-" Namjoon started but Jungkook had already disconnected the call.

They still didn't understand his need to stay close to her. The hope, that she would wake up and he'd have the chance to look into her ocean blue eyes again someday, was the only thing keeping him breathing at this point.

"She's not gone." He whispered to himself as he lay down on the park bench and settled his head into the crook of his arm. He closed his eyes, letting the calm wash over him.

"She will wake up" he said, slipping into his favourite dream where he sat with Sua, holding her hand in his, while his brothers all joked and laughed around them.

~~~~~~~~

Jungkook woke to the sounds of sirens. Two government vehicles with US flags pulled up in the parking lot.

Two men got out of one car and stood aside.

Three armed men got out of the other car and quickly took a look around. They were all American, he noticed. Two caucasian and one African American. A tall man, dressed in a impeccable dark, expensive suit, stepped out of the car after a few minutes. Jungkook's curiosity peaked as he got off his bench and strolled silently to the hospital entrance to get a closer look.

As far as he knew, Sua was the only American patient they had, so the visitor was most certainly here for her.

The man walked inside the hospital as the rest of the men followed him and the glass doors closed behind them.

Jungkook waited, impatiently tapping his foot and biting his nails. After an hour two of the men from the earlier car, came out of the hospital building, got into one of the cars and left. The tall man and his guards were still inside.

Jungkook couldn't stop fidgeting. He couldn't shake the feeling that the man had to be Sua's father. He wanted to catch him before he left and ask to see Sua.

After a while, the man came out accompanied by his bodyguards. Jungkook rushed forward.

"Sajangnim, Annyeonghaseyo." Jungkook said bowing to the man. "Jeoneun Jeon Jungkook imnida."
(Hello Sir, I'm Jungkook Jeon)