Ch. 12 Confessions

Jimin was driving back home. He rubbed a hand across his face. He was exhausted. That was exactly what he had intended though. He wasn't able to fall asleep unless he was bone tired. The image of Sua glued to Jungkook, looking up at him with her mouth slightly parted as if expecting to be kissed by him, was etched into his mind. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't stop thinking about it. The moment he closed his eyes, he could see it. Only way for him to sleep was to tire himself out and fall on the bed to a dreamless sleep.

He had been doing ground work in Seoul. He could have easily assigned it to one of their many hands but he needed the distraction. He had even tried to pick up girls at the local bars and tried to lose himself in mindless sex but that hadn't worked either. He had always been good with women. He had the charm, the looks and he knew the effect he had on the opposite sex. But he couldn't feel it lately. The women he met seemed boring, their eyes dull unlike the sharp blue gaze he craved.

Guess that's what love does to you. Messes with your head and screws up your heart. He loved her. Yoon Sua. He had fallen for her the moment he had looked down into her eyes in the infirmary. And the fact that she was a beautiful person inside and out had only fueled the fire in his blood. He'd wanted to tell her so bad, he had everything planned and then Jungkook had asked her to dance. He knew the moment he saw her in his arms that he had already lost her. She was completely whipped for Kookie. How could she not be though? Jungkook was the golden maknae, good at everything he did, everyone's favourite little brother. He loved him but having to lose the girl he loved to his little brother was a hard pill to swallow.

He had waited too long, he thought as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to dispel the beginning of a headache. But he had wanted to give her time to heal and to come to him, with her heart free of any gratitude she may feel towards him for taking care of her. But he had waited too long. He clenched his teeth as the image of them together crept into his mind again.

He knew he would have to eventually accept it. He would back off obviously. He wouldn't stand against his brother. He would come to terms with it. All the hyungs had been telling him to get over it and talk to her. He missed her so much his heart ached.

When he had found her note yesterday, it had broken him. He had wanted to go to her but he'd held back. He wasn't ready yet. If he looked into her eyes again he wasn't sure he could let her walk away from him. And so he stayed away. It was better this way. But knowing she missed him just as much was a small consolation in his abyss of pain.

He would accept it of course. He would do anything for his Jungkookie but that didn't mean it would hurt any less. His pain was only his to bear.

He reached home and parked his car outside. He was walking towards the door when he heard Jungkook's voice. He was screaming. Jimin broke out into a run. Reaching the front door he opened it.

His heart stopped and his entire body turned to ice at the sight of Jungkook strangling Sua in the living room. She was barely moving, her arms hanging at her sides.

"Let go of her" He screamed at Jungkook with fury. But Jungkook didn't seem to hear him. Sua went completely limp in his grasp. Jimin's mind reeled in shock.

"No!! Jungkook-ah, Je-bal" He pleaded as he ran towards them.

The rest of the brothers had come down too. Yoongi and Joon helped Jimin pull Jungkook off Sua.

"She knows about Song-i. She knows, she's involved in some way." He kept muttering as the hyungs pulled him away.

Jimin held Sua before she fell to the ground. She wasn't breathing. He tried to find a pulse, his hands were shaking too much to find a pulse. He didn't want to waste anymore time trying to find one. He quickly laid her on her back and held her nose as he blew into her mouth starting CPR. He worked on autopilot, doing chest compressions and counting "Hana.. Dul.. Set.. Net.. Daseot... Yeseot.." he went on to 30 and then bent over her again opening her mouth and laying his own on hers to give her two deep breaths.