Chapter 4

1 month later

Brad POV

Kayla and James were released several days after the accident and had recovered well. We stop seeing Silver as much as we did in the beginning, which was disappointing for me. We'd see her around the house whenever we went round to Kayla's and she say hi and hang around for a bit till she went off back to her room or outside for work or to meet friends. I was hoping she'd start hanging out with us like Kayla but I guess she has her own life and friends.

"What about you Brad" James ask interrupting my thoughts. He was sat on the love seat with Kalya. We were in her house since her parents were out of town for the night, I was glad; I guess you could figure out why.

"What?" I asked confused

"Which movie, fast and furious or taken" he says as Connon holds holding up the two DVD cases sitting next to me. Tris sat on the other love seat doing something on his phone, probably texting his girlfriend Jessica.

"err fast and furious I guess" I reply.

We all turn our head as we hear the door open followed by Silver saying, "I is home" in a weird accent. Making everyone smile.

"Here Sil' Kayla calls her in, still siting on James lap in their seat.

She opens the living room door smiling as she sees us. She's wearing maroon skinny jeans with a white shirt under and grey sweater.

"Hey guys" she greets us, putting down a big black bag from her shoulder where I assume she keeps her camera equipment.

We all reply with 'hi's' and 'hello's'.

'How was the photo-shoot" Kayla asks

"Yeah it was good" she replies

"We're gonna watch movie do you wanna join us" James ask. Thank you James McVey.

"Yeah sounds cool, but can put this stuff away and change first" she pleads.

"Yeah we still gotta make popcorn so you got enough time" Kayla replies getting up to make her way to the kitchen.

"Sweet" Silver says before heading to her room with her bag.

--

Silver finally comes down sporting light blue pajama shorts and a white over sized jumper, her hair was put in a messy bun and she was wearing her glasses, she looks cute even when she's not trying. I smiled at her as she made her way over to sit next no me. Everyone else was in the Kitchen gathering the feast.

"Hey" she sang as she pulled her legs up on the couch to get comfortable, "so what we watching"

"We decided on fast and furious," I informed her

"Cool" she smiled

"So what was the photo-shoot for today" I ask trying to make conversation

"Oh it was for this online clothing company that my friend opened"

"Do you do a lot of fashion photography?"

"Not really, I prefer doing more landscape and action photography, you know real things, real people, real places" she spoke so passionately.

"Yeah I get it," I told her. "You know I'd love to see some of you photos"

"Yeah" she raises her eyebrows and I nod "well I'll show you some time" she smiles her perfect smile I stare at her longer than I should. She looks at me confused, thank god James and Kayla barge in with the popcorn followed my Con and Tris holding all sorts of junk food.

The movie starts and we all settle down, James and Kayla snuggled up on their love seat, Tristan on the one opposite them, me and Con on the couch with Silver in the middle. I try to steal glances of Silver from time to time; she doesn't notice she's too invested in the movie. After fast and furious finished we decide to watch another movie, we agree it should be something more lighter, so we watch '10 things I hate about you' a romantic comedy.

Half way through the movie I feel something on my shoulder, I turn to see Silver's head resting lightly on me, she'd fallen asleep. I could help but stare at her perfection, tracing all the lined of her face with my eyes, I noticed she sill had glasses on so I reached up my hand to take then off slowly so I didn't wake her. She looked so peaceful; I could hear her breath lightly. I smiled then turn back to the movie before any of the other noticed me being a creeper, I looked around just to make sure no one was looking, they weren't.

--

Kayla POV

I woke up with my head rested on James chest. I looked up slightly; he was still asleep, smiling a little in his peaceful slumber, he looks so cute. I returned my head to its original position looking around the room to see the rest of the gang sleeping it the places they sat last night. Silver was there as well, she was leaning on Brad, his hand resting on her arm, they looked cute together I though to myself. I head Tristan ruffling from across the room, he was waking up; he stretched then yawned loud enough to wake everyone else up.

James's shifted slightly then whispered "morning beautiful" in my ear making me smile, then get up so I was no longer on top of him so he could sit up.

I looked at Connor who also got up and stretch, then at Brad who was wide a awake but not moving, looking down at Silver as she buried her head in his chest, groaning, clearly unaware of what she was doing till she looked up with her tired eyes at Brad who I think she assumed was her pillow, she stared for a few second then pulled herself away from him sitting up, finally realizing.

"Sorry" she simply mumbled in her morning voice rubbing her eyes, oblivious to a flustered Brad on her right, before getting up and making her way out up to her room, still half asleep. I laughed; she's such a weird one.

--

Silver's POV

I make my way down after having a shower and walk in to the kitchen where it smelt like what I would describe as heaven. Connor and Tristan were sat on the breakfast table, while Kayla, James and Brad spread across the rest of the kitchen.

"Mmm what smells so good" I say pouring myself coffee.

"Brads making pancakes" Tristan beams

"Would you like some" Brad asks from the cooking station looking up to give me a smile.

"Yes please" I smile back and make my way to sit next to Connor on the table

The pancakes are served, and are delicious might I add. We all dig in and maintain light conversation while we eat. We hear the front door open as we finish up and my mom comes through into the kitchen smiling followed by my dad.

Kayla gets up and hugs mum before making her way to my dad giving him a tight squeeze, she's always been a daddy's girl, unlike me. My dad and I have never been close, we have an unusually formal relationship.

"Hi guys" mum greets the boys then planting a kiss on my cheek "hi baby", before getting herself a glass of water

"Hey, momma" I reply back.

Dad walks over with Kayla under his arm, chatting and sits at the opposite end of the table without so much as a 'hello' to me. I never got it, why he was so different towards me. As a kid I used to get so upset, I thought it was all in my head, no one else seemed to notice or they notice and never said anything. I just kept my feelings to myself, never even told Kayla or my mom.

I look at him for a few second, while everyone around me talks to each other. I shrug it off as usual and join in the conversation with Connor and Tristan.

--