Chapter 14

-Warning: mature content coming up-

Brad POV

"It's ruined" I hear her mumble quietly

"What's ruined?" I say pulling her brown locks behind her ear trying to reveal her face.

She turns her to face me, "us" she whispers. I see the regret in her eyes. She regrets it. I don't.

"Why? Last nigh was perfect" I try to convince her.

"No" she sits up covering herself with the blanket, "it's wrecked everything".

She looks back down at me. I sit myself up. "How?"

"You're my friend, Kyla's friend, James' band mate", she tells me franticly.

"So" I say confused

"This. What we did. It's ruined our friendship. We can't be friends", she explains.

"I don't want to be friends, I want more", I tell her.

She looks at me before placing face in her hands in frustration, "see" she mumbles.

"What?"

She looks back at me, "its already ruined things" she sighs, "I don't want anything more"

"Why?" I ask, "we get along well and there's clearly an attraction otherwise we wouldn't have done what we did last night"

"Because that's not me, I told you, I don't do relationships"

"Why?"

"I just don't okay!" she starts to yell.

We stare are each other in silence. She lets out a sigh turns her head to stare out her window, leaning back on the headboard of the bed, "sorry" she whispers.

"So what, we just stop being friends?" I ask still looking at her.

"There's no way we can be friends after this" she say still looking out the window.

"Why?"

"It just never works"

"It works with you and Cameron"

She look up at me once again, "that's different"

"How?"

"Because Cameron-" she pause, "we have and agreement; sex, no emotions"

"I can do that", I say without thinking.

"What" she asks confused.

"Be like him," I explain, "we'll make our own agreement"

She frowns, "you want to be friends with benefits?"

I nod.

"Why? I though you wanted a relationship" she asks

"I want to continue being someone to you, being you're friend and if this is the only way" I suggest.

She lets out a little laugh with a sigh, "that's not you Brad, I'm not going to play with your heart like that"

"'I'm giving you permissions to" I tell her, "besides loosing you as a friend would be much worse"

She stares at me as if she's trying to read my mind. She lets out another sigh of defeat and looks down then begins laughing to herself.

"What?" I ask

"It won't work", she says quietly.

"It will. I'll prove it. And if doesn't, like you said everything 'ruined' anyways" I let out a chuckle.