12

jaemin
where are you?

she saw the message from her dearest best friend, but chose to ignore it since she wasn't feeling up to talking to him.

it wasn't his fault, but at the moment she really couldn't stand to speak to him- she was conflicted with her own feelings.

she knew she shouldn't like him, and her feelings would never be reciprocated, but she really had no control.

now that she thought about it, the signs had always been there. the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach when jaemin would give another girl attention, or the thoughts about him being in a committed relationship that made her uneasy.

"i'm a horrible friend." she groaned, smashing her face against the pillow.

"incoming call from jaemin." her phone announced, and she shot up from her bed. "nononononono, what do i say what do i say." she spiralled, not wanting to answer.

"get it together ayeong, he's still your best friend." she said, brushing her hair out of her face before answering him.

"what's up jaemin?" she asked, trying to keep her cool while speaking to him. "why weren't you here today yeon?" he asked. "oh, well... i haven't felt great today." she admitted, only to hear a gasp from her friend. "why didn't you tell me! someone should have been there last night to take care of you!" he said, making her blush profoundly.

"well, you were with hayoung last night, i didn't want to bother you." she told him honestly. "you're so silly! you needed help, of course i couldn't of came- but i would have told one of the boys." this made her smile drop. was she already second place to someone he barely knew?

"that reminds me, i already said it on the groupchat, but i really like hayoung. i've never felt like this for a girl before, i don't know what to do. is it too quick to confess? will she like me back? what do i doooo." he spiralled, and ayeongs heart hurt a little at his words.

"don't worry about it nana, it's okay. i'm sure she'll like you back, you guys have hung out so much in the past couple of days!" she tried to cheer him on, pushing her feelings away completely. "thanks yeon. you've convinced me, i'll talk to her tomorrow!" she just giggled fake, and he hung up.

she tossed her phone down, laying with a sigh. "i knew i didn't have a chance, but this really hurts." she breathed out.

////////

i'm honestly really excited for this book ngl to you guys