20

ayeong sat at her lunch table with dahyun, chaeyoung, minho and his recently introduced friend seungmin. they had been a little group like this for a little while, and she already felt super comfortable around them.

something she found herself surprised at was the rivalry the dreamies had with seungmin and his friends. minho and renjun got along- but besides that, they hated eachother. seungmin told her that the basketball team and the soccer team were always had an unspoken hatred for each other.

maybe that's why she would often get glares from jeno when she was talking to seungmin while walking down the hall. or minho would suddenly stop talking to her when he would see hyucks angry glances.

this lunch, she noticed the glares from her old table getting even worse, especially with jaemin sat there as well now. she felt eyes on her back as she ate, and then she heard footsteps approach.

someone was now dragging her arm and taking her from the table. trying to fight the unknown man's grip, she looked up to see the person she wanted to see least, jaemin. "get off you're hurting me!" she told him, trying to get free from his tight hold of her arm.

"oi dickhead, she said get off!" a now angry dahyun stood up, trying to help her friend. "it's okay, dubu, i'll see what he has to say." ayeong convinced her friend. hearing her soft voice jaemin let go of her arm and held her finger, taking her to their table.

2 minutes earlier//

"i'm so over this! she stopped talking to us and now she hangs out with them, and i hate them!" jisung complained, now getting everyones attention. "they all watched as she ruffled seungmins hair, laughing with her crinkled eyes.

jaemin had enough of it. "fuck it, i'm out." he got up and stomped over to their table.

////////

"do you need something? you could have just asked me to come here, you didn't have to drag me." she tried to keep her cool. "yeah well, we're over you hanging out with them. it's annoying. we don't like them, at all." jaemin said, sitting her down beside him. "dude, why do you guys care? they're my friends- and i like them, i don't need your approval." she stood up, only to be pulled down by jaemin again.

"why did you ditch us? what did we do?" jisung asked her, genuinely confused. "we miss you, yeon." he told her. her gaze softened. she didn't realise that she mattered to the boys this much. "i'm sorry." was all she could muster in response. jaemin watched her like a hawk, realising how little he was without her.

his house was always a mess. usually she would help- or motivate him to clean, but now, he didn't have her.

he was always bored. all hayoung wanted to do out of school was go shopping, he missed watching his favourite shows with ayeong, and baking with her.

he missed her.

////////