38

unbeknownst to yeona, the whole time the two were play-fighting, jaemins heart was beating very rapidly.

he didn't like it at all. usually he would only flirt with her to get reactions, and it would come out naturally and like a joke. now, it felt like he was doing too much and her reactions would make him blush.

he liked her a lot. he wasn't used to feeling this way with things he would usually do with her.

there's no way she would like him back.

"i'm such a pussy." he muttered to himself, barely audible to the near asleep ayeong laid on his arm.

but she heard. "what?" she mumbled back, with one eye now being opened. "nothing." he replied blankly.

ayeong decided to ignore his unusual behaviour, and closed both of her eyes returning to her previous state; attempting to sleep.

»

"wake up yeon. it's eight pm," jaemin shook her awake, noticing the time displayed on his phone. "leave me alone, i'm tired," she pushed him back weakly, turing away.

"you were so against taking a nap before, what happened? we have school tomorrow and you need to sleep tonight." he smirked during the first part, and then gave a serious expression.

"ayeonggggggg." he dragged out. "jaemin please. 5 more minutes." she begged. "no, get up. let's go watch a movie." he told her. "what movie?" she opened one of her eyes curiously.

"scream 6," he said casually. "do you think it's good?"ayeong asked. "i don't know, the trailer seemed pretty good. i heard that it's better than the one from last year." jaemin explained. "okay, let's go." ayeong agreed.

"there's a screening in 20 minutes. i already booked tickets get ready." jaemin told her. "i don't want to get ready, i want to be comfortable." she sighed, looking down at her striped pyjama pants and grey hoodie.

"okay, whatever you say. i'm just gonna wear this too. let's stop at maccas and get icecream." jaemin grabbed his keys, lifting the hood of his hoodie on his head.

ayeong followed him out of his room, turning off the bright light behind her. now, the only source of light in his room was the led light that was always blue.

as she skipped down the stairs, she opened her phone and saw a couple of unread messages.

sunwoo
do you want to hang out after school tomorrow? my treat
delivered!

ayeong didn't know what to respond with. after she found herself feeling differently towards jaemin, her little crush on sunwoo shrunk.

luckily, ayeong didn't like jaemin like that anymore.

ayeong
sure!
like a date?

sunwoo
yeah, like a date :)

ayeong reached the bottom step, and jumped down lightly, slipping on her socks a little bit. she saw jaemin drinking a glass of water in the kitchen, and she decided to slip on her uggs while she was waiting for him to walk over.

"guess what!" she yelled at jaemin as he walked out of the kitchen.

"what?"

"i'm going on a date with kim sunwoo after school tomorrow!" she squealed.

jaemin froze. his jaw dropped a little bit, but he was mainly sad. he missed his chance with her.

"oh. have fun." he didn't know what else to say.

"come on, we'll be late for the movie. don't just stand there." she complained.