19

ayeong walked into school, not sick anymore- but still not wanting to be there. she hasn't seen jaemin at all in the past three weeks- since that soccer training she went to that led into a sleepover.

all she had seen of her once best friend was him walking down the hall with hayoung under his arm, and the occasional make out sessions they would have before class.

come to think of it, she had been distancing from the dreamies as well. she had been non stop hanging out with chaeyoung- and her now boyfriend lee minho, and dahyun who she met when jaemin ditched her.

sometimes, she would sit beside renjun when chaeyoung wanted to sit with minho in marine science, but beside that she didn't really sit with them at all in fear of coming into contact with jaemin.

she noticed that jaemin and hayoung had moved back to the dreamies table, with hayoung now replacing ayeongs seat there, where she usually had jaemin beside her.

it was her fault that hayoung had replaced her. if she had just noticed her feelings earlier- she wouldn't have been in this situation.

although- jaemin probably would have never liked her back.

///////

the navy haired girl walked into her class, scanning the room for dahyun. she noticed dahyun had picked out the absolute worst seats in the class, the ones directly in front of jaemin and hayoung. she slowly walked over with her head down, not trying to get any attention from the couple.

"hey yeon." dahyun said- gaining the attention from jaemin behind them. he looked up and saw her smiling at dahyun and he suddenly had a thought.

what happened?

the boy hadn't seen ayeong in over a month. it was like everything they had together was suddenly lost. it just hit him like a truck that he never noticed.

now, he saw her laughing in a way that she only used to when he would joke around with her. he felt a unexpected wave of jealousy wash over the new girl that seemed to make her happy.

"what's wrong oppa?" he head hayoung, while she dragged her hands up and down his arm. "nothing, don't worry." he brushed her off, now focusing back on his laptop with the school work open.

he looked up every once in a while at the girl in front of him, but tried not to gain anyone's attention while doing it. he didn't even have it in him to say anything to her.