chpt 92) Last week of work before my hiatus

Monday

It's safe to say that SM Entertainment is holding onto every loose thread they have. The whole situation is a bit of a mess. Since last night, I have been answering emails and making sure everything from Hybe's side is perfect and flawless...I wish I could say the same for them. they are ruining so much and for no reason. like, my guy tried to create new shares???? that's illegal goooooo and business-wise impossible. At hybe, we aren't stressed, we are just doing the right paperwork and administrative stuff and keeping staff prepared for any effects it could have. There won't be many changes, we are just investing in them, as in we get some of the profit they have at the end of the year and can benefit from their producers who can now produce for us too and won't have to abide by exclusivity contracts or any such things. We, as in Hybe, won't get decision-making power at SM entertainment but we do get a seat at the table. I don't get to decide on groups or comebacks or concepts or any such thing, that's not what's happening. Even at the moment, Hybe owns Pledis, Source, Be-lift and a million other companies, but HYBE / BIGHIT is not able to make decisions for another company or group. Thebefiits we get from being under the same company are that we share resources such as producers, lyricists, dancers, choreographers, dance coordinators and so on. these go along with the main benefits everyone sees such as the bigger budgets, the better facilities and whatever. For SM entertainment, we would not join buildings or anything because we are hours away from each other and it's not viable. we would just get some of the profit they get as per the stocks and be able to make sure they follow HYBE regulations that give their company stability and safety resources.

With every 'emergency press statement' they release, everyone becomes more grateful that we are now in the mix.

Hybe staff and the companies we work with are only concerned about one thing: me. What is my future role as CEO and as an artist? for now, overnight, we sent out a press release to the top executives who have an interest in me to confirm that I will call them individually and confirm my next few months of schedules and plans.

As for now, I have an interview to film for this whole SM entertainment business. It will finish at around midday, then I have a shoot for a magazine and then I need to head off to James Cordon.

We made it clear to the interviewer that there will be no questions regarding me as an artist and that I am only there as the CEO of the company.

[time skip - but do check out the interview Bang PD did, it was v interesting]

Yoona: There are paparazzi outside who are trying to break inside. now that you are finally packing up so we can leave for James Cordon, can you confirm that we don't need to stop anywhere I am convinced we will be followed.

me: yeah, I have everything I need...which is just my phone and bag.

Yoona: Also, the members keep messaging you and you keep ignoring them, they called me to ask if you were busy and I didn't really respond. what do you want me to tell them?

me: the truth? I am busy. during every hair and makeup and free time, I had today (free time is waiting for cameras and microphones and lighting to be perfect and driving from location to location) I was on the phone with every fuck awful old executive in numerous companies who were complaining about how I can't take a break

yoona: fair [checks her phone] David says the cars are ready. let's head out

The walk from the door to the car was surprisingly short (i counted 4 strides), but oh my god it was so packed. it was crazy. on the way there we were followed by a million cars and I had to close the curtains in the back of my van.

When we arrived at Cordon's set, it was packed and fans we already crowded around the car. there was a million security guards and I had to quickly jog inside because we were behind schedule.