25. Beginning

THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE. Here's where we really begin.

Malia Thornbury

I was in my robe after my shower, a day of silence from Noelle.

After last night, I let her stay awake in the spare bedroom as I slept.

She was a thinker. An over analyzer. Needs the facts kinda girl.

Then when she gets the facts she does a Pro, Con list.

Then her feelings in hearts beside certain things, her logic in stars for others.

Then she counts, calculating the numbers, calculating her heart, her mind until she comes to a decision.

So I give her space to run her statistics while I take care of my future stress acne.

Because as much as I say I don't care because she's mine anyway, I care a lot.

She came into the bathroom, I watched her curious as her face was pink.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"I want to know how you began." She sat on the toilet seat beside where I stood.

"I was born." I teased.

She rolled her eyes, clearly not in a joking mood.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm trying to be understanding but I have no idea what's happening in your head. I have no idea how deeply you feel for me, I have nothing. I don't know what you want me to do. So I'm trying to give you space instead of tying you to the bed and keeping you there forever." I shrugged, frustrated with how she was looking at me like there was nothing.

She put her face in her hands, smoothing her eyebrows out before grabbing my robe and pulling me until she could grab me to sit sideways on her lap.

I did and she pulled so I was straddling her, immediately pressing her face into my chest.

I played with her hair, enjoying this moment with her, taking it in.

"I-I don't take killing casually. I know it's normal for you but not for me." She mumbled, her hands fumbling to open my robe.

"I know. I'm trying to give you space Ella, I know this isn't apart of your life like it is mine. But you're my wife, you need to know what I do." I gasped when her hands slid over my bare abdomen, her arms around me, pulling me into her.

She was grabbing onto me harder than she normally did, every touch done with forced pressure to bruise or harm me in some way.

"I'm trying too." She shook her head.

"I know."

"Why is this normal for you? Start from the beginning." She looked up at me and I nodded.

"Surrogacy brought me here, always did take your child to work day. My dads didn't want me with babysitters so I went to work with them. I was 2 when I heard my first gun shots from afar. At 4 I was put in MMA and gymnastics to make friends outside of homeschooling." I toyed with her hair as I walked her through it.

Her hands came up, holding my sides, her thumbs moving back and fourth right under my breasts.

"Did both until I was 13, when I saw a dead body for the first time. New, so it didn't smell. At the hand of my pa, he didn't know I snuck into their buildings basement, my dad ran to try to catch me but I already saw it. Felt nothing."

"I had a talk with them. They asked if I wanted to report anything, that I had the right to feel poorly toward them, nothing was justifiable. But I truly didn't care. I was a little girl who had everything she wanted, all the love in the world, two fathers impossibly in love, I knew if I inherited their business I would be rich, I was very greedy. I am now very selfish." I explained.

"What's the difference?" She asked.

"I wanted it all. Now that I have it all, it's all mine. I own it. I don't share it, it's my personal property and my name is written on all these walls. I don't want anything more. I just refuse to let any of it go now that I have it." I shrugged.

She hummed.

"Dropped gymnastics, left MMA to be personally trained by my fathers, learned how they operate the overground, the innocent business first. Then at 16 when I understood, I wanted to work underground. They didn't like the idea, but they couldn't say no to me." I chuckled at the memory of their wariness.

"Easily, with no thought, killed a man because he couldn't properly operate my parents weapon cartel. Grounded from a knife or weapon for a few months, but between that I knew how to handle myself with only my body. I got taller, I was bigger, I could easily steal from any man. I did. All the time." I began heading in a direction I wasn't sure she'd enjoy.

"Fell in love with a girl." I looked at her and she frowned.

"I was 17. First kiss, first love, but that was it. She didn't want her family to know so she left me and acted like we never met. Since then I've done one night stands because meeting new girls and making them fall for me felt like a chore. I had more going on than that and how am I just supposed to out that I merely harm people for entertainment?" I sighed.

"Moral of the story, I know my wrongs. I never harm those who are good, I'll never harm you, anyone I hurt, it's for a reason. But it's never going to be something you'll understand unless you open the door to a very dark understanding. I don't expect that from you though." I grabbed her chin and she nodded.

"I-if I ever wanted to open that door..."

"Then feel free. But don't force yourself to do anything just for me. Because this shit isn't pretty and it isn't for the weak." I kissed her cheek.

She nodded.

She stared at my lips and I licked them, watching as her lips parted.

"Open." I whispered and she did, my tongue immediately moving in between her pretty lips.

She moaned and began sucking lightly on my tongue.

I chuckled, her hands grabbing my ass desperately.

"Calm down princess. Go get ready for bed. It's been a annoying day without you." I stood and she grabbed onto me.

"Clingy." I laughed.